You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-16 12:12:11

sylflo

have different background in each tag awesome wm [Solved]

Hello,

I'm configuring my awesome desktop. I'd like to have in each tags a different background. I saw this forum
http://askubuntu.com/questions/78629/ca … awesome-wm.

But the problem is the function awsetbg no longer exist in awesome. I think, I have to use this function gears.wallpaper.maximized(beautiful.wallpaper, s, true).
But I don't know how, what I really don't understand it's the wallpaper is set on theme.lua. So how can I change it in the rc.lua and have a different background for each tag ?

Last edited by sylflo (2013-09-16 18:30:21)

#2 2013-09-16 13:17:47

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: have different background in each tag awesome wm [Solved]

It would seem that awsetbg doesn't do anything by itself

http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/manpages/awsetbg.1.html

I suppose you can use something like, feh or nitrogen to do the same (of course you'll have to look at their respective options). Give it a try.

On the other hand, as I read on the link you posted, the wallpaper is set on the fly with each tag change. So, are comfortable with the overhead associated with setting  a new wallpaper on each tag change (which could be hundreds of time a day)?

Last edited by x33a (2013-09-16 13:25:12)

#3 2013-09-16 17:32:43

sylflo

Re: have different background in each tag awesome wm [Solved]

I did that

--{{{ Tag Wallpapers
        for s = 1, screen.count() do
            for t = 1, 6 do
          tags[s][t]:connect_signal("property::selected", function (tag)
           if not tag.selected then return end
           theme.wallpaper = "/home/chatea_s/.config/awesome/wallpaper/" .. t .. ".\
jpg"
             gears.wallpaper.maximized(beautiful.wallpaper, s, true)
	end)
    end
end
-- }}}

So it's working, I have a different background for each tags. But now I don't have sound oO, I don't understand why. And if I delete this code, I have sound.
Yeah I know about the overhead but I don't find another solution so I try this one. But if someone has a more clean method. I'll take it smile.

edit: It doesn't seem to be awesome. I uninstall it to test, and I don't have sound. I'll repair that. I'll post the subject on solve.

Last edited by sylflo (2013-09-16 18:29:47)

Board footer