You are not logged in.

#1 2004-01-30 17:16:39

Moo-Crumpus

replace lmule with xmule

Hi there... It has been a long time since I last updated the LMule website. This is because the LMule project is no longer maintained.

Many things have happened in these few months including lmule/xmule fork, xmule/amule fork, ShareDaemon project birth and xmule project death (well i graduated too wink ).

These multiple forks, in my opinion, have had a bad impact on the userbase and lmule/xmule/whatever community.

ShareDaemon project is now under development and we need you to support it. You can develop the core or work on either the wxInterface or webInterface. Yes, 'cause ShareDaemon will be a ed2k client with core+gui approach.

ShareDaemon needs your support! Please join the ShareDaemon IRC channel on irc.freenode.net/#ShareDaemon to contact the developers.

Sincerely,

Bedboi

Posted 06/07/2003-14:05 by madcat
This project is no longer supported.

We strongly recommend everyone to upgrade to latest xMule version (http://www.xmule.org) as this project is no longer supported. xMule is the new name for this program, and is constantly updated.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#2 2004-01-30 17:53:13

sarah31
Website

Re: replace lmule with xmule

agreed i don't use it but there are at least two projects that have replaced it.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-01-30 22:50:58

Bobonov

Both lmule (is closed) and xmule (the only developer has gone mad :-))) ) are closed project. Actually the only development is done by amule that is an already existing package in tur repository.
I higly suggest you to use amule since it has newer features than xmule,  there is a group behind instead of a single, and the project is alive.
Do no worry for your part file.
Just run amule for the first time, configure it and close it. Move x/lmule file in temp dir to amule temp dir, then start amule again and everything will work fine!!

#4 2004-01-31 01:02:13

dreas
Website

How about mldonkey?

#5 2004-01-31 01:29:41

Bobonov

I made a PKGBUILD for mldonkey it is a great program. Compared to gift it can connect to much more network.
The only thing that stopped me for adopting it is that the current release does not support contemporaneous download of the same file from diferent network.
Another thing is that, compared to gift, it's implementattion as daemon is very young.
I tried to arrange some script to start and stop mldonkey but due to lack of time I had to stop.
If anybody is interested here follow the PKGBUILD I made.
Probably you need to update the download link, at  savannah they had some security problem problem .....

# Contributor: Roberto Braga <rbap@yap.org>
pkgname=mldonkey
pkgver=2.6
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Multi protocol p2p client, it support gnutella, gnutella2, fasttrack, overnet,
bittorrent, soulseek, opennap"
url="http://www.nongnu.org/mldonkey/"
depends=('libpng' 'gtk' 'libtiff' 'zlib' 'xfree86' 'gcc' 'glib' 'libjpeg' 'wxgtk' 'glibc')
conflicts=()
backup=()
md5sums=()
source=(http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/release-2.6/official/$pkgname-2.5-4.tar.gz)

build() {
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/home/mldonkey
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-2.6
  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install

}

I dunno where is my start-stop script I have to look on the hd.....[/code]

Board footer