You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-21 13:17:01

Belshi

Acer S7 392 - Partitioning with GPT and RAID0

Hi all!

Since a few days I own an Acer S/ 392, which I'd like to "clean" now (delete Win8, install Arch Linux), but I'm pretty uncertain about the partitioning (I installed my last Arch about 2 years ago).

ATM there's a Windows running on a 256GB RAID0 system. When starting Arch ISO from a bootable USB stick, lsblk shows me this (sorry for the bad quality). sdc ist my usb stick (also all the loops belong to it I think, correct?) and sda and sdb are my harddrives. As you can see, the have both 119.2G. When opening the harddrives with cgdisk, sda has some partitions which are together much bigger than the size of the hd (about 256GB) and sdb show only 119.2G of empty space. On both hds, if I do a cgdisk - verify I get a number of errors like "Disc is to small to hold all the data", "GPT claims the disc is than it is" and "Partition X is to big for the disc".

Can someone explain this? I really don't understand it.

After reading a bit in the Wiki, I had to partition sda (ESP >=512M, a root partition, home and swap). After that, copy the partition table to sdb with sfdisk and create the RAID. Is that right?

Many thanks for your help.

Belshi

Board footer