You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-28 06:27:56

Gustav4

[solved] E17 Settings Panel Very long Verticle Close button

Hello Forum

I hope there is some one that could give me a hand at solving this irritation:

E17's setting panel on my installation draws a close button almost the full length of the screen, such that the top of the window is way above the actual screen. None of the settings, except the bottom selection, can be activated for configurating.

I have been running Bodhi Linux  for the last few years and I have never experienced this before. Any hints as to how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Gustav4 (2013-10-01 15:09:49)

#2 2013-09-28 07:02:26

MrElg

Re: [solved] E17 Settings Panel Very long Verticle Close button

This is actually the Arch board. You might get better help over at the Bodhi. They do have a pretty good forum over there as well.

Anyways, there was an upgrade of E17 not long ago here on the arch repositories, which was very buggy. I don't know what version of E17 Bodhi is using now, so I cannot say if this is the source of the problems. I guess though, based on your post, that this problem hasn't been present all time. You could do a couple of test to see if you can fix this. For example, is the problem still present if you change enlightenment theme? Another quick test is to rename the .e-folder in your home to .e-backup, and then restart enlightenment. It will then start from scratch, probably disregarding the error if it is caused by some bad settings.

#3 2013-10-01 13:08:14

Gustav4

Thanks for the reply Mr Elg - I actually switched over to Arch late last August, and I still just tweaking it in tune - I haven't experienced any problem, well with this kind of weirdness, anyway, while running Bodhi. The Enlightenment I'm running is 0.17.4, so this could be an issue of too fresh a release.

But the tests you bring up are quite pertinent for trouble-shooting this particular window behaviour. I'll soon post the tests and findings, and hopefully a solution too.

Cheers,
Gustav 4.

#4 2013-10-01 15:08:56

Gustav4

Well, Mr Elg - This is what I found out:

Other users on this system had no experiences with the tall Close button on the Settings window - the default theme was in use.

I moved .e to .e-orig, and restarted X. The default theme had a normal close button on the Settings window. I started testing by copying over directories to the new .e/

After an .e-orig directory was moved to the new .e I restarted E17 and checked the Setting window. All was fine until I loaded the themes directory into the new E17: The default theme had no problem until I loaded a new theme - then the infamous close button was as tall as the screen again. But when I tried to go back to the default theme, this tall button remained even on the default theme.

So I removed the new direktory and started over again, avoiding the themes and config directories. Apparently the themes, perhaps built against an earlier version of E17 are creating a corruption in 0.17.4

A thousand thanks for your help, Mr Elg.

Cheers

Gustav 4.

Board footer