You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-14 12:28:55

jedcooper

Own Repo with selfbuilt Packages for different architectures

Hello,

hope that topic goes right in this category.

Got an Archserver running Samba for filesharing and other stuff.
There I also want to store my selfbuilt packages for sharing over the home network.
Got different computers with different architectures running here. So I will use the fastest rig for compiling with "march=native" for resp. arch in a (neutral) chroot environment. And then move it to the resp. directory on server.

On every system I have to add what into pacman.conf?
On build-system I have to add what into pacman.conf? And maybe what should I use for automation? Are there ready solutions?
Will pacman recognize or look first into my network repo for packages? What do I have to set then? And if it's not there?

Seen a similar solution like pacserve, but that's not a central solution.
I'm gonna use yaourt for building. Do I have to setup yaourt settings specifically (besides makepkg.conf for arches)?

Thx
Regards

PS: Architectures so far: pentium3, i7, core2duo (laptop), core2quad (the compiler rig) <- maybe these both can be merged? as core2 is march-settings the same, but mtune other options, so maybe not?! maybe i gonna use a i586 later on. so this i have to rebuilt for in any case.

#2 2013-10-14 13:58:59

karol
Archivist

Re: Own Repo with selfbuilt Packages for different architectures

What packages do you want to build? Are you sure you need to use these compiler settings?

#3 2013-10-14 14:08:43

tomk
Forum Fellow

How can you share packages over the network if you're building them with machine-specific compiler settings?

Personally, I'd just build everything with the x86_64 defaults provided in makepkg.conf. Official Arch packages are built that way, after all.

#4 2013-10-14 14:15:33

karol
Archivist

tomk wrote:

How can you share packages over the network if you're building them with machine-specific compiler settings?

Personally, I'd just build everything with the x86_64 defaults provided in makepkg.conf. Official Arch packages are built that way, after all.

I think OP want to have separate repos for each computer.
Pentium 3 can't use x86_64 defaults.

Board footer