You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-07 04:29:48

rdoggsv
Website

i have no reiserfs option on the installer options.

So i read about xfs and jfs , and all i find is that they are filesystems for servers like systems. And i remember that on 0.7 i had the option of reiserfs and it installed reiserfs 3.6 on my system. But now that im doing a fresh install of arch , i really cant find this option just ext2 , ext3 , xfs and jfs.

So my question is , did reiserfs got deleted from the installer ??, someone told me on irc that maybe is a bug on my cd but then again i dont know so i better ask.

Thanx in advance for any help

rdoggsv

#2 2006-01-07 10:17:18

FUBAR
Website

Re: i have no reiserfs option on the installer options.

I don't really know: I always do those things manually. During install, press ALT + F2 to get a console. In there, just run

mkreiserfs /dev/hda1

Replace /dev/hda1 with the partition you want to format as ReiserFS.

Once you've done that, press ALT + F1 to go back to the installer and skip the filesystempart.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2006-01-07 14:56:21

rdoggsv
Website

thanx man ill do that because i dont want to use xfs or jfs !! i was so sad thinking i needed to download the cd again , but now not anymore tongue lol

#4 2006-01-07 17:13:15

rdoggsv
Website

well the happyness didnt last that long. I rebooted my machine and started the installer ready to do the mkreiserfs thing that u told me.

But surprising for me i have no mkreiserfs command. So then i rebooted with my cd of 0.7 (remember im installing 0.7.1) , and there it was mkreiserfs so i did the format with that cd.

After i formatted the partitions boot up with the 0.7.1 cd , and went rite to the  consolo so i did the mount of partitions manually (the swap , the / , and the /home). And went to the option of the select packages and install packages etc.

Manually edited the /etc/fstab , boot back and there it was my arch 0.7.1 newly installed with reiserfs filesystem  big_smile

Thanx for the help.

Board footer