You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-21 11:07:01

hussam
Website

usb keyboard and luks encryption.

I need to be able to use a usb keyboard early on to enter the luks passphrase. I added the keyboard hook, rebuilt the initramfs image and rebooted.
This didn't help.
Out of desperation, i removed the autodetect hook and this obviously fixed it. However, this is less than ideal as it more than doubled the size of my initramfs image.
Since the keyboard hook comes 'after' the autodetect hook, should it not have been reinstalling the usb drivers into the initramfs image anyway (as in eventhough I have the autodetect hook)?
This is what I have right now:
HOOKS="base udev modconf block keyboard encrypt resume filesystems fsck".

#2 2013-10-21 12:30:20

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: usb keyboard and luks encryption.

If your keyboard is not plugged in when you build an autodetect image, then you shouldn't expect that the module will be whitelisted and included. If it is plugged in, then you need to provide more info (full mkinitcpio.conf, lsmod, mkinitcpio -M).

#3 2013-10-21 12:49:21

hussam
Website

Re: usb keyboard and luks encryption.

No, it wasn't plugged in. I wasn't sure if I should have both plugged in at the same time so I shutdown, removed the ps/2 keyboard and plugged in the usb one on first trial. Plugging the usb keyboard in then building an autodetect image solved it. Thank you very much smile
I was merely thinking that the 'keyboard' hook with override or "add to" the autodetect hook smile

Last edited by hussam (2013-10-21 12:51:04)

Board footer