You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-09 17:08:16

nggalai
Website

Firefox 1.5 / mplayer-plugin: Video window disappears

Hi there,

Since I upgraded to Firefox 1.5, embedded videos disappear behind web sites' background images. Example:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/pi … large.html

The mplayer window shows up for a fraction of a second, then the wavey background image layers over it. Sound plays, but I can't see the video. Is there an easy solution to this problem, or am I all alone?

This didn't happen with the last Firefox version, I may add. mplayer-plugin is version 3.17-1.

Cheers,
-Sascha.rb

/edit: Switching View -> Page Style to "No Page Style" seems to help, too. Video plays then, albeit very very small.

#2 2006-01-09 17:13:59

Komodo

Re: Firefox 1.5 / mplayer-plugin: Video window disappears

I've had this problem too, as well as the same issue for flash and java applets. The only way I was able to resolve it was to remove my ~/.mozilla/firefox dir, which is rather unsatisfactory, considering it contains all your plugins, preferences etc.

If anyone knows how to fix this in a less destructive manner, it'd be handy to know.

nggalai - if you try my brutish fix, REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR BOOKMARKS! big_smile

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#3 2006-01-09 17:20:18

nggalai
Website

Cool, that did it. Thanks!

Now to reinstall all those extensions ... big_smile BLOODY UPGRADES!

#4 2006-01-09 17:31:51

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Komodo wrote:

I've had this problem too, as well as the same issue for flash and java applets. The only way I was able to resolve it was to remove my ~/.mozilla/firefox dir, which is rather unsatisfactory, considering it contains all your plugins, preferences etc.

If anyone knows how to fix this in a less destructive manner, it'd be handy to know.

nggalai - if you try my brutish fix, REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR BOOKMARKS! big_smile

A better way would be to rename your ~/.mozilla/firefox dir instead of deleting it. Then, you can compare your backup directory with the one newly created by using diff. By trial and error ( by copying the modified files one at a time to the new directory and checking if it still work), you could find out what file/preference is the culprit. It's tedious work, though.

#5 2006-01-09 19:49:27

Komodo

Snowman wrote:

It's tedious work, though.

Totally - that was what stopped me from trying it... just so time consuming and dull, lol!

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

Board footer