You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-02 18:10:39

Gasp0de

Problem configuring vsftpd on my Raspberry Pi

Hey Guys,
im sorry if the solution for my Problem is already out there, but i've spent the last 2 hours trying to get vsftpd working on my Raspberry Pi. Here is what I want to achieve:

I have a Raspberry Pi connected to my Router, and i want all people on my network to be able to put stuff on the external hard drive (not yet) connected to it. I would like to have some kind of authorization (although security isn't really essential, as the ftp server will only be accessed over our encrypted wifi) for those who live with me, and a guest access (read-only) for guests.

I've done the following:
1. I installed vsftpd via the official repositories.
2. I created local users on the machine, which shall be used as ftp users. All of them have the same home directory (/home/ftpuser/share) and are not able to login via shell.
3. In the default config file, i uncommented the following lines:

local_enable=YES (to enable users to log in with the credentials of the local users i created)
write_enable=YES (to enable users to write to the shared directory)
nopriv_user=ftpuser (because it was recommended to enable it and create the user)
chroot_local_user=YES (to jail users to the shared directory)

Other than that, i left the default config untouched. However, when i want to connect to the ftp server after starting the service, i get a connection refused by server error. Nothings blocked by iptables. I hope someone can help me get this straight. Thank you all in advance for reading and probably helping smile

Gasp0de

EDIT: Is there some way you can attach files to posts? Anyway, here's my complete vsftpd.conf: http://pastebin.com/74KQWvDX

Last edited by Gasp0de (2013-11-02 18:12:50)

#2 2013-11-02 18:22:01

karol
Archivist

Re: Problem configuring vsftpd on my Raspberry Pi

Gasp0de wrote:

Is there some way you can attach files to posts?

No.
Please use online services like you did.

It wouldn't hurt asking an ARM forums too http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/

#3 2013-11-02 18:24:50

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2013-11-02 18:27:42

Gasp0de

Thank you for the quick reply. I registered at the forum and will also post my question there. However, i think it's rather something about my vsftpd settings than about the raspberry pi.

Board footer