You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-05 06:46:42

ajstein

[SOLVED] Configuring XFCE on Arch Linux to Use Uswsusp

Hello, first time Archer and I am quickly loving it more than the other distros I have been using over the years.

I have an oldish MacBook Pro (6,2 model, 3-4 years old) I have running Arch with base, base-devel, a variety of selected apps, and now XFCE.  I got uswsusp working, and I just usually open the Linux terminal or a terminal emulator and run `sudo s2disk`.  How do I configure XFCE buttons from the Logout menu to allow s2disk and s2ram?  I have seen a little documentation of the xfconf-query tool and using it, for example, to completely disable such icons for kiosk mode from the official XFCE forum, but I cannot figure out how to choose the suspend and hibernate commands.

Anyone know how?

Last edited by ajstein (2014-03-11 11:27:27)

#2 2013-11-07 08:07:36

ajstein

Re: [SOLVED] Configuring XFCE on Arch Linux to Use Uswsusp

I assume no one is going to help with this, but rereading the instructions from the wiki regarding using uswsusp with the pm-utils section and using the FreeDesktop component one would use via dbus-send does not work, because it is dated.

[me@laptop ~]$ dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
Error org.freedesktop.UPower.GeneralError: Method is deprecated, please port to org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.Suspend

I am looking into how to fix this up.  Sorry if I am being bothersome.

#3 2013-11-10 05:45:44

ajstein

Re: [SOLVED] Configuring XFCE on Arch Linux to Use Uswsusp

Well, my bad.  I had some more time over the weekend and figured out if I configure systemd.hibernate and systemd.sleep service to use s2disk and s2ram respectively, XFCE clearly uses that.  It was not apparently clear to me at the time.

If you are ever in a similar situation and want this feature, just read the instructions in the Uswsusp PM-Utils section, and pay attention to the systemd instructions.

Board footer