You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-09 22:02:40

blue_justice

[Solved] Asus Transformer Prime Unrecognized in lsusb and ADB

Hi all,

I recently managed to change the sku on a Chinese bought Asus Transformer Prime to the WW sku on android 4.2.1. Prior to that I rooted the device via motochopper after unlocking the bootloader using the app provided by Asus. However, due to negligence on my part I failed to preserve the root and when I went to root it for a second time via motochopper it was unrecognised in ADB, not only that, but it doesn't even display in the output of lsusb.

USB debugging is enabled, and I already uninstalled and reinstalled android-sdk, android-udev, android-sdk-build-tools and android-sdk-platform-tools. I also modified my /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules file to include the following:

#ASUS
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0b05, MODE=0666

or

SUBSYSTEM=="usb, ATTR{idVendor}=="[0b05]", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb, ATTR{idVendor}=="0b05",ATTR{idProduct}=="4c81",SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb, ATTR{idVendor}=="0b05",ATTR{idProduct}=="4c81",SYMLINK+="android_fastboot"

When I insert the USB cable into any of my three USB ports the screen on my tablet does go on, but that is about it -- there doesn't seem to be anything in the notification area. I have two cables so it isn't a cable issue either. Does anybody have any idea how I could resolve this? Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Last edited by blue_justice (2013-11-16 21:48:56)

#2 2013-11-09 23:06:00

WonderWoofy

Re: [Solved] Asus Transformer Prime Unrecognized in lsusb and ADB

Does dmesg give any output when you plug it in?

#3 2013-11-10 07:45:20

blue_justice

dmesg doesn't seem to give any output unfortunately.

#4 2013-11-10 17:29:19

WonderWoofy

Then the device I think is just totally unrecognized.  I think the only other test would be to plug it into a windows or mac machine an see what happens.  But if no dmesg output is generated upon plug, I would venture to guess that the device itself is borked, and not Arch.  sad

#5 2013-11-10 18:22:36

blue_justice

Thanks for the help. I guess I will just have to find a way to downgrade the firmware to ICS or something without a PC. Hopefully I will get it to work in a Windows machine tomorrow at a relative's office, and then possibly downgrade from there. There seems to be a couple of weird things wrong with the device, such as Asus Sync breaking the settings app, along with not being able to change to PTP mode in storage settings. I will post an update tomorrow.

#6 2013-11-11 16:58:39

blue_justice

Tested it on a Windows PC -- still nothing.

#7 2013-11-11 17:01:36

WonderWoofy

Yeah, I'm going to have to say that it is something with your Transformer Prime.  Unfortunately, this could be caused by both a hardware or a software issue, so pinning that down might not be entirely easy.

I don't know what you have on that tablet, but if you wanted to see if it is software, wiping and installing the original image (or a fresh image of your choice) would at least tell you this much.

#8 2013-11-13 09:34:00

blue_justice

I think that it is definitely a software issue. I think that the correct route is to try and reload the original image, however, the major issue is that I don’t have and can’t seem to get root access without adb access. I don’t really know if there are ways to get around it without rooting the device.

#9 2013-11-13 16:16:45

WonderWoofy

Indeed this is a problem.  But I think that you would do a lot better asking something like this on the xda-developers forums.

#10 2013-11-13 17:22:06

blue_justice

WonderWoofy wrote:

Indeed this is a problem.  But I think that you would do a lot better asking something like this on the xda-developers forums.

I have asked them -- I will be sure to post the results. Thank you for your efforts.

#11 2013-11-16 10:27:38

blue_justice

Unfortunately I didn't receive any responses on the XDA developers forum or the Transformer forums. However, I did manage to fix the issue. I realized that I could access fastboot when the device was in the bootloader. I was then able to install TWRP(I had to use this guide as the newest version on the Team Win website wasn't working so well). From there I could flash the stock ROM and everything seems to be peachy.

#12 2013-11-16 20:03:43

WonderWoofy

Fantastic!  Glad you got things straightened out.  And thanks for reporting back and giving closure to the thread.  You probably want to mark the thread as [Solved], which can be done by editing the first post.

Board footer