You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-20 09:54:43

tiberiousr
Website

Replace libgl provider package without nixing my system

I need to force replace nvidia-libgl with mesa-libgl on my desktop machine but I get a dependency issue from packages that list nvidia-libgl as a dep. I know that they function perfectly with mesa-libgl as that's what's set up on my laptop so logically it must be possible to switch the packages without having to recursively remove everything that requires a libgl provider.

Is there a simple way to do this via pacman that I haven't spotted?

#2 2013-11-20 09:56:56

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Replace libgl provider package without nixing my system

Rebuild the packages which have the dependency listed incorrectly so that you don't have dependency resolution issues, then go ahead with the replacement.

All the best,

-HG

#3 2013-11-20 10:07:16

tiberiousr
Website

Re: Replace libgl provider package without nixing my system

I figured it might be something like that. It's curious because on my laptop right now I have the nvidia-ck-sandybridge package installed (from graysky's linux-ck repo) which lists nvidia-libgl as dependency despite the fact that the mesa-libgl package is installed instead and yet pacman doesn't seem to have an issue with that (presumably because they provide libgl).

UPDATE: I think I've spotted the issue, bumblebee (for nvidia optimus based laptops) provides nvidia-libgl thus satisfying the dependency on my laptop whereas my desktop doesn't need bumblebee.

This is kind of annoying because I think the nvidia-libgl update recently broke mono applications and I want to swap it out for mesa-libgl to test my theory.

Last edited by tiberiousr (2013-11-20 10:15:32)

Board footer