You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-24 01:50:57

enihcam

/run/user/0/dbus/user_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Failed to open private bus connection: Failed to connect to socket /run/user/0/dbus/user_bus_socket: No such file or directory

This issue has been existing for a while. After few upgrades, it still remains unresolved. There are few posts in forum talking about similar problems, but it's not exactly the same as this issue.

After 'touch /run/user/0/dbus/user_bus_socket && systemctl restart user@0.service', I got

Failed to open private bus connection: Failed to connect to socket /run/user/0/dbus/user_bus_socket: Connection refused

*I followed instuctions from https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/User, but the message still exists.
*This issue is also discussed here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sy … evel/13439, but no conclusion in the end.

Actually the directory /run/user/0/dbus does not exist in this case, so I took a look into dbus code, and I think if the directory does not exist at time dbus starts, dbus should create it rather than throw exception and stop.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by enihcam (2013-11-24 02:31:51)

#2 2013-11-24 01:59:05

msthev

Re: /run/user/0/dbus/user_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Add this to /etc/systemd/system/user@.service.d/env.conf:

[Service]
Environment=XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/%I

#3 2013-11-24 02:04:59

enihcam

msthev wrote:

Add this to /etc/systemd/system/user@.service.d/env.conf:

[Service]

Done, but after reboot the issue still exists.:(

btw, I don't have X system. It is my server box.

Last edited by enihcam (2013-11-24 02:13:33)

#4 2013-11-24 11:31:07

msthev

Are you sure you didn't misspell anything? This is from my Pi (also without X installed):

# cat /etc/systemd/system/user@.service.d/*.conf
cat: /etc/systemd/system/user@.service.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
# systemctl --user
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
# cat >/etc/systemd/system/user@.service.d/env.conf <<EOF
> [Service]
> Environment=XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/%I
> EOF
# cat /etc/systemd/system/user@.service.d/*.conf
[Service]
# systemctl daemon-reload
# systemctl restart user@0.service
# systemctl --user
UNIT                                     LOAD   ACTIVE SUB     DESCRIPTION
sys-devices-dev:f1-tty-ttyAMA0.device    loaded active plugged /sys/devices/dev:f1/tty/ttyAMA0
sys-devices-p...d1.1:1.0-net-eth0.device loaded active plugged SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter

Oh, you edited the first post and removed the message talking about "$DISPLAY"… Now it makes less sense without the context.

The problem was running "systemctl --user", which failed with message "Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11". This is solved by specifying XDG_RUNTIME_DIR in the user@.service.

Another thing is the message "Failed to open private bus connection", and this is completely normal. You said you read another posts about this — the conclusion is exactly like that, this error message will be there and you can do nothing about it.

#5 2013-11-26 09:23:43

enihcam

Board footer