You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-30 20:06:24

Mitch95

MPD Clients not working with NetworkManager

It's possible something isn't configured with either my setup, or just NetworkManager. I was pulling my hair out this morning trying to get ncmpcpp to work with MPD. It would refuse the connection from anything, from my cellphone with an MPD client or ncmpcpp on my local machine.

After a bit of thinking of the stuff I have changed on my desktop today, I thought back to when I enabled NetworkManager, so I just went ahead and did

systemctl disable NetworkManager && systemctl stop NetworkManager
dhcpcd -x && dhcpcd eth0
systemctl enable dhcpcd@eth0

Now my network works fine again just as before, and mpd works fine again. Connects without issue.

But I would like to have NetworkManager working, as it's kind of a pain when I want to tether my phone having to run "dhcpcd usb0" every time. The interesting thing, Is I can tether my cell phone doing that, modify the routing table using "route" ( so I can access LAN servers and get internet off of my cell ) and mpd works fine throughout all of this. Yet it quits accepting connections whenever NetworkManager is started

This is not a huge problem, but I would like to know why this is happening at least. I also hope that this may help anyone who is having issues with MPD not accepting clients.

I also ran "mpd --stdout --no-daemon --verbose" and seen no issues when NetworkManager was enabled, when I tried connecting with a client nothing would show up on the log, it would just be refused on the client end. I've also added MPD to hosts.allow to no avail. If I kill mpd while music is playing, start NetworkManager, and start up MPD again, music will play, and I will not be able to connect to MPD.

#2 2013-11-30 20:48:29

Rasi
Website

Re: MPD Clients not working with NetworkManager

maybe networkmanager simply retrieves a different IP...

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#3 2013-11-30 23:07:56

Mitch95

Re: MPD Clients not working with NetworkManager

The IP address is set to the same weather I set it up as static or DHCP I will get the same IP from my router each time as my MAC address is assigned to 10.1.10.30 My phone when tethered also is setup to give the same address each time regardless.

Board footer