You are not logged in.

#26 2013-10-28 01:29:23

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Re: SALOME: git packages for all modules

@tapia
Are you using mauritiusdadd's PKGBUILD or mine? (You can get mine from the link in the first post, if you don't have it already.)

Btw, I have also uploaded a version of omniorbpy that does not conflict with pyorbit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/omni … it-compat/

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#27 2013-10-28 01:49:38

tapia

@Xyne
I used the mauritiusdadd's PKGBUILD. Does it work with yours? I'll givi it a try.

And thanks for the omniorbpy update too.

Last edited by tapia (2013-10-28 01:50:52)

#28 2013-10-28 02:37:58

tapia

It worked with your PKGBUILD big_smile

#29 2013-10-28 19:19:10

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

I've updated the salome-med-git PKGBUILD to conform to current VCS standards. It doesn't work but at least it provides a starting point.

I still can't believe that a project this big, with this much potential, developed by such prominent companies, can have such a fucked up build system for so long. Apparently the V7_main branch should have a working cmake build system, but the python compilation still uses hard-coded, absolute system paths. It's like they're trying to prevent people from using it, which doesn't make any sense to me. An open-source project of this scale, with open git repositories, would quickly generate a vibrant community that would accelerate development. It would be a win-win situation all around.

Yes, this is my frustration talking. Even if we manage to hack some patches together, the packages would remain susceptible to changes with each commit and therefore remain unstable. Anyone who wants to use this software seriously will presumably need something far more reliable.

It's not just an Arch issue: http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/fo … 62434/view
Highlight from that page: admission that even in the V7_main branch the installation documentation is completely out of date. They should just replace that file with the message "good luck, Columbo!".

*sigh*

#30 2013-10-28 22:56:02

mauritiusdadd

@Xyne

I also tried to compile the MED module and it cannot find the kernel module roll
it seems there are still some problems: the command

make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install-exec

installs only a part of the files neede by the program, while the others are installed using

make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install-data

However the last command invokes sphinx-build2 that searches for the kernel module
that is not installed yet!

I came to a possible solution to fix this problem and updated both the PKGBUILD and the patch.

Now the kernel module is correctly found but the compilation fails with the following errors

---------------------------------------------
testing SALOME GUI

try ${GUI_ROOT_DIR}: 
checking for SUITApp... no
configure: checking for light GUI...
configure: WARNING: "Cannot find compiled SALOME GUI distribution"
for light GUI: no
for full GUI: no
configure: WARNING: Full GUI not found. Build will be done without GUI!

Summary

Configure
--- Obligatory products:
           cc : yes
      threads : yes
      doxygen : yes
       python : yes
        boost : yes
         swig : yes
         hdf5 : yes
         med3 : no
      omniORB : yes
       libxml : yes
configure: error: one or more obligatory product is missing

Maybe it depends on the GUI module and libmed from CodeAster?

About me - github

-- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth -- Spock | Sherlock Holmes

#31 2013-10-28 23:11:53

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

mauritiusdadd wrote:

Maybe it depends on the GUI module and libmed from CodeAster?

Maybe. I was unable to get the CodeAster packages to build the last time I tried (maybe half a year ago, probably more). Their project ecosystem is tangled together and many of the packages are notoriously difficult to compile from source in a clean way.

Basically, what we really need is a hit todo list that we can check off one-by-one. The list should include all of Salome, CodeAster and their dependencies. Until they get their build systems together, this will be a challenge.

Incidentally, this is one of the tasks I had hoped to address with arch-science, but the neverending onslaught on my free time has kept me postponing it indefinitely. hmm

If you and/or anyone else is up for it, I will be glad to collaborate but I just don't have the time to take the lead on this right now. So far it seems that you have a clearer idea of what to do anyway, so lead on if you will. wink

#32 2013-10-28 23:31:17

tapia

Xyne wrote:

Maybe. I was unable to get the CodeAster packages to build the last time I tried (maybe half a year ago, probably more).

There was (is?) a problem with Code_Aster and the gcc compiler, so that's why there were problems with the compilations. It works ok with the intel compiler though.

Last edited by tapia (2013-10-28 23:32:13)

#33 2013-12-02 08:36:12

mickele
Website

I am working on code-aster and I've almost finished with version 11.3 (I'll soon make available the PKGBUILDs on AUR ).
Problem with med probably is that code-aster uses med with long integers, whereas salome by default uses short integers.
On http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/353097525 I posted a solution I found with previous version of salome.

Last edited by mickele (2013-12-05 19:00:03)

#34 2013-12-04 21:31:49

mickele
Website

On AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aster/) you can find version 11.3.0 of code-aster!

Last edited by mickele (2013-12-05 18:58:56)

#36 2014-12-11 21:32:31

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Nice! I'll try to test these as soon as I can. From the PKGBUILDs it looks like they've finally done some work on their installation scripts. smile

Have you done anything with salome yet? If so, what is your opinion of it?

#37 2015-10-30 14:04:37

blixawillbargeld

Probably a stupid question: I have problems with starting Salome. I executed the .sh files in /etc/salome/profile.d/.... and then tried to launch Salome. I get the following output:

Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 258, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/process.py", line 114, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/opt/salome/kernel/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 128, in searchFreePort_withPortManager
    port = getPort(use_port)
  File "/opt/salome/kernel/bin/salome/PortManager.py", line 131, in getPort
    while __isPortUsed(port, busy_ports):
  File "/opt/salome/kernel/bin/salome/PortManager.py", line 83, in __isPortUsed
    return (port in busy_ports) or __isNetworkConnectionActiveOnPort(port)
  File "/opt/salome/kernel/bin/salome/PortManager.py", line 91, in __isNetworkConnectionActiveOnPort
    stdout, _ = Popen(['netstat','-an'], stdout=PIPE).communicate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Any advice whats wrong?

Greetings
Stefan

Board footer