You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-05 14:58:47

SoonerBourne

Help with PKGBUILD for PyCharm Professional

All,

I recently took over this package as it was not being maintained regularly. I'm new to this, so I updated the obvious fields so everyone could get the most up to date PyCharm Professional out there.  I have received some feedback, but wanted to submit the PKGBUILD here for suggestions to incorporate.

Here is the file in pastebin:  http://pastebin.com/sJiAHAcZ

#2 2013-12-05 16:55:34

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Help with PKGBUILD for PyCharm Professional

You don't need the || return 1s at all.
Just put the .desktop file in the source array instead of echoing it in the PKGBUILD.
When installing a single file with install -D, you don't need to create the dir first.
Use cp -a instead of cp -R
Quote all paths that use $srcdir or $pkgdir, you don't know if they might contain a space
That link created in the last line won't work, you need the leading slash on /opt.

That's a cursory reading, I'm sure I missed something.

#3 2013-12-05 18:16:00

SoonerBourne

Re: Help with PKGBUILD for PyCharm Professional

Scimmia wrote:

You don't need the || return 1s at all.
Just put the .desktop file in the source array instead of echoing it in the PKGBUILD.
When installing a single file with install -D, you don't need to create the dir first.
Use cp -a instead of cp -R
Quote all paths that use $srcdir or $pkgdir, you don't know if they might contain a space
That link created in the last line won't work, you need the leading slash on /opt.

That's a cursory reading, I'm sure I missed something.

Thank you, I will spend some time on these items this afternoon/evening. I appreciate the feedback, gives me a chance to learn more.

Board footer