You are not logged in.

#5951 2013-12-05 20:42:16

snack

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Vi0L0 wrote:

With 2.7 it works!! Thanks Vi0l0, you rock! By the way, it seems that now I have two OpenCL platforms, each one seeing only my CPU as an OpenCL device:

Number of platforms:    2
        CL_PLATFORM_PROFILE:    FULL_PROFILE
        CL_PLATFORM_VERSION:    OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (923.1)
        CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR:     Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
        CL_PLATFORM_EXTENSIONS: cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices
        Number of devices:      1
                CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
                CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID:    4098
                CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS:    2
        CL_PLATFORM_PROFILE:    FULL_PROFILE
        CL_PLATFORM_VERSION:    OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (937.2)
        CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR:     Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
        CL_PLATFORM_EXTENSIONS: cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices
        Number of devices:      1
                CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
                CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID:    4098
                CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS:    2

I uninstalled app-sdk 2.9 so I don't know if this behavior is the intended one or not...

#5952 2013-12-06 04:51:09

lano1106
Website

Vi0L0 wrote:

FYI Lately on Steam I bought Metro Last Light and it's working well here on hd 7850 and with catalyst 13.11 beta 9.4. When Metro LL was released there was an info that AMD is working on to support it properly, but I never saw a news telling it's fine now. Well... it's fine here ;P
I didn't play for a long time, but everything was rendered correctly and fps was also playable - around 40 to 60 fps on highest settings @ fullhd, so like on windows. I can see that tesselation is missing but AFAIK it's normal: http://www.overclock.net/t/1439965/metr … comparison

Vi0L0,

I bought Metro LL as well. I have fighting more with the game to get HDMI surround sound with my 7970 than playing the actual game but I must say that the graphics in the intro are quite nice.

Last edited by lano1106 (2013-12-06 05:42:27)

#5953 2013-12-06 19:39:40

lesto

hello again,
when catalist test started to support newest xorg, i switched back from opensource driver.
my card is a radern hd7850, I update every day all my system, but i still have freeze problem, while playing with 3d: kerbal space program, tf2, x3 AL, and i can't track the problem.

when the system freeze i have to force reboot, and nothing appear in the logs.

How cani proceed?

#5954 2013-12-06 20:30:45

shazeal

lesto wrote:

hello again,
when catalist test started to support newest xorg, i switched back from opensource driver.
my card is a radern hd7850, I update every day all my system, but i still have freeze problem, while playing with 3d: kerbal space program, tf2, x3 AL, and i can't track the problem.

when the system freeze i have to force reboot, and nothing appear in the logs.

How cani proceed?

I had a 7850 that did this ended up RMAing it. The old one was running at 70+ deg on the desktop, new one is sub 40. Are you able to test the card in Windows on those games to rule out hardware issues?

#5955 2013-12-07 14:43:09

Kuci
Website

Guys, since I upgraded from 13.8 beta1 to 13.11-10, Cinnamon crashes and I have to restart LightDM. Therefore, I have to restart LightDM first and then start Cinnamon after the boot. Any workaround ?

Last edited by Kuci (2013-12-07 14:43:50)

Notebook: ASUS U38DT + Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB + Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260

GitHub

#5956 2013-12-08 00:50:22

lesto

shazeal wrote:

I had a 7850 that did this ended up RMAing it. The old one was running at 70+ deg on the desktop, new one is sub 40. Are you able to test the card in Windows on those games to rule out hardware issues?

no problem on windows..

#5957 2013-12-08 13:00:22

Kuci
Website

Kuci wrote:

Guys, since I upgraded from 13.8 beta1 to 13.11-10, Cinnamon crashes and I have to restart LightDM. Therefore, I have to restart LightDM first and then start Cinnamon after the boot. Any workaround ?

Now I can confirm that this is driver-related issue. I've tried multiple DMs and DEs and I had to restart DM first all the time. Vi0L0, please, could you take a look at it ?

Notebook: ASUS U38DT + Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB + Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260

GitHub

#5958 2013-12-08 16:53:52

Vi0L0
Website

Kuci wrote:
Kuci wrote:

Now I can confirm that this is driver-related issue. I've tried multiple DMs and DEs and I had to restart DM first all the time. Vi0L0, please, could you take a look at it ?

Just tested and it's working as should here - lightdm (kde greeter) started automatically with system, logged in into composited cinnamon, works fine thougt it has lagg when using amdcccle's tear-free (edit: `export CLUTTER_VBLANK=none` fixed it).
I also tested gdm but it's also working well.
Maybe there's some error in your lightdm.log or ~/.xsession-errors?

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2013-12-08 16:56:54)

#5959 2013-12-08 17:37:43

Kuci
Website

.xsession-errors:

** (cinnamon-session:3085): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (cinnamon-settings-daemon:3134): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
N: [pulseaudio] main.c: User-configured server at {06e1f45633384598800ff795e2ec2740}unix:/run/user/1000/pulse/native, which appears to be local. Probing deeper.

(cinnamon-settings-daemon:3134): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output

** (cinnamon-settings-daemon:3134): WARNING **: Unable to register client: GDBus.Error:org.gnome.SessionManager.AlreadyRegistered: Unable to register client

(cinnamon-settings-daemon:3134): color-plugin-WARNING **: unable to get EDID for xrandr-LVDS: unable to get EDID for output

** (cinnamon-launcher:3158): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (nm-applet:3169): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:3172): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(zeitgeist-datahub:3170): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(zeitgeist-datahub:3170): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

** (nm-applet:3178): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (nemo:3173): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (zeitgeist-datahub:3170): WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for "file:///opt/android-sdk/extras/android/support/v4/android-support-v4.jar" was not found, exec: Eclipse, mime_type: application/x-java-archive

** (empathy:3180): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (evolution-alarm-notify:3186): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (zeitgeist-datahub:3170): WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for "file:///opt/android-sdk" was not found, exec: Eclipse, mime_type: inode/directory

(nm-applet:3169): nm-applet-WARNING **: Error connecting to ModemManager: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.ModemManager1: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

** (nm-applet:3169): CRITICAL **: nm_secret_agent_register: assertion 'priv->registered == FALSE' failed

(nm-applet:3178): nm-applet-WARNING **: Error connecting to ModemManager: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.ModemManager1: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

** (nm-applet:3178): CRITICAL **: nm_secret_agent_register: assertion 'priv->registered == FALSE' failed
      JS LOG: About to start Cinnamon

** (nemo:3173): WARNING **: Can not calculate _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS

** (nemo:3173): WARNING **: Can not get _NET_WORKAREA

** (nemo:3173): WARNING **: Can not determine workarea, guessing at layout
      JS LOG: Cinnamon started at Sun Dec 08 2013 18:27:08 GMT+0100 (CET)
      JS LOG: network applet: Cannot find connection for active (or connection cannot be read)
      JS LOG: network applet: Cannot find connection for active (or connection cannot be read)

(empathy:3180): folks-WARNING **: backend-store.vala:409: Error preparing Backend 'bluez': No BlueZ 5 object manager running, so the BlueZ backend will be inactive. Either your BlueZ installation is too old (only version 5 is supported) or the service can’t be started.
Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x2800013 (Contact Li)
Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

(empathy:3180): folks-WARNING **: backend-store.vala:409: Error preparing Backend 'ofono': No oFono object manager running, so the oFono backend will be inactive. Either oFono isn’t installed or the service can’t be started.

JS LOG: network applet: Found connection for active
      JS LOG: network applet: Found connection for active

** (gnome-terminal:3356): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (cinnamon-screensaver:3388): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x3a00054 (The AMD/AT)
Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

.xsession-errors.old

** (cinnamon-session:2749): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
N: [pulseaudio] main.c: User-configured server at {06e1f45633384598800ff795e2ec2740}unix:/run/user/1000/pulse/native, which appears to be local. Probing deeper.

** (cinnamon-settings-daemon:2808): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (cinnamon-settings-daemon:2808): WARNING **: Unable to register client: GDBus.Error:org.gnome.SessionManager.AlreadyRegistered: Unable to register client

** (cinnamon-launcher:2874): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(cinnamon-settings-daemon:2808): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output

(cinnamon-settings-daemon:2808): color-plugin-WARNING **: unable to get EDID for xrandr-LVDS: unable to get EDID for output
cinnamon-session[2749]: WARNING: Application 'cinnamon.desktop' failed to register before timeout
cinnamon-session[2749]: CRITICAL: We failed, but the fail whale is dead. Sorry....

** (nm-applet:2883): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:2886): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (nm-applet:2889): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(zeitgeist-datahub:2884): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(zeitgeist-datahub:2884): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

** (nemo:2887): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (empathy:2893): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (evolution-alarm-notify:2897): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(nm-applet:2889): nm-applet-WARNING **: Error connecting to ModemManager: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.ModemManager1: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

** (zeitgeist-datahub:2884): WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for "file:///opt/android-sdk/extras/android/support/v4/android-support-v4.jar" was not found, exec: Eclipse, mime_type: application/x-java-archive

** (zeitgeist-datahub:2884): WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for "file:///opt/android-sdk" was not found, exec: Eclipse, mime_type: inode/directory

(nm-applet:2883): nm-applet-WARNING **: Error connecting to ModemManager: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.ModemManager1: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

** (nm-applet:2889): CRITICAL **: nm_secret_agent_register: assertion 'priv->registered == FALSE' failed

** (nemo:2887): WARNING **: Can not calculate _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS

** (nemo:2887): WARNING **: Can not calculate _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS

** (nemo:2887): WARNING **: Can not get _NET_WORKAREA

** (nemo:2887): WARNING **: Can not determine workarea, guessing at layout

** (cinnamon-screensaver:3017): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(cinnamon:2880): Gdk-WARNING **: cinnamon: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
      after 11 requests (11 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

(cinnamon-settings-daemon:2808): Gdk-WARNING **: cinnamon-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(nm-applet:2883): Gdk-WARNING **: nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:2886): Gdk-WARNING **: polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(cinnamon-screensaver:3017): Gdk-WARNING **: cinnamon-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(empathy:2893): Gdk-WARNING **: empathy: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(evolution-alarm-notify:2897): Gdk-WARNING **: evolution-alarm-notify: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(tracker-miner-fs:2895): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: Owner of volume monitor org.gtk.Private.UDisks2VolumeMonitor disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts

** (zeitgeist-datahub:2884): WARNING **: zeitgeist-datahub.vala:226: Unable to get name "org.gnome.zeitgeist.datahub" on the bus!

(nemo:2887): Gdk-WARNING **: nemo: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

(nm-applet:2889): Gdk-WARNING **: nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cinnamon-launcher", line 34, in <module>
    os.execvp(FALLBACK_COMMAND, (FALLBACK_COMMAND,) + FALLBACK_ARGS)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 344, in execvp
    _execvpe(file, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 380, in _execvpe
    func(fullname, *argrest)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

(cinnamon-launcher:2874): Gdk-WARNING **: cinnamon-launcher: Fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server :0.

(tracker-miner-fs:2895): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed

(tracker-miner-fs:2895): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed

x-0-greeter.log:

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_shell_parse_argv: assertion 'command_line != NULL' failed

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Failed to open sessions directory: Error opening directory '/usr/share/lightdm/sessions': No such file or directory

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Failed to open sessions directory: Error opening directory '/usr/share/lightdm/remote-sessions': No such file or directory

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Could not get accounts property XKeyboardLayouts

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Could not get accounts property XHasMessages

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get_type: assertion 'value != NULL' failed

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_type_is_subtype_of: assertion 'g_variant_type_check (type)' failed

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get_type_string: assertion 'value != NULL' failed

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Unexpected accounts property type for XHasMessages: (null)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_unref: assertion 'value != NULL' failed

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Could not get accounts property XKeyboardLayouts

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Could not get accounts property XHasMessages

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get_type: assertion 'value != NULL' failed

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_type_is_subtype_of: assertion 'g_variant_type_check (type)' failed

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get_type_string: assertion 'value != NULL' failed

** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): WARNING **: Unexpected accounts property type for XHasMessages: (null)

(lightdm-gtk-greeter:3054): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_unref: assertion 'value != NULL' failed

lightdm.log:

[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.8.5, UID=0 PID=3037
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module surfaceflinger
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Adding default seat
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating greeter session
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat: Setting XDG_SEAT=seat0
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating display server of type x
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting local X display
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Could not run plymouth --ping: Failed to execute child process "plymouth" (No such file or directory)
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using VT 1
[+0.00s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to /run/lightdm/root/:0
[+0.01s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Launching process 3040: /usr/sbin/X :0 -auth /run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt1 -novtswitch
[+0.01s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
[+2.17s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 3040
[+2.17s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Got signal from X server :0
[+2.17s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Connecting to XServer :0
[+2.20s] DEBUG: Seat: Display server ready, starting session authentication
[+2.20s] DEBUG: Session: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+2.20s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter', username 'lightdm'
[+2.23s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
[+2.23s] DEBUG: Seat: Session authenticated, running command
[+2.23s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+2.23s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-gtk-greeter
[+2.24s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0-greeter.log
[+2.25s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
[+2.34s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Greeter connected version=1.8.5
[+3.35s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Greeter start authentication for kuci
[+3.35s] DEBUG: Seat: Setting XDG_SEAT=seat0
[+3.35s] DEBUG: Session: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+3.35s] DEBUG: Session pid=3072: Started with service 'lightdm', username 'kuci'
[+3.36s] DEBUG: Session pid=3072: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
[+3.36s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
[+27.43s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Continue authentication
[+27.53s] DEBUG: Session pid=3072: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
[+27.53s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Authenticate result for user kuci: Success
[+27.58s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: User kuci authorized
[+27.59s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Greeter requests session cinnamon
[+27.72s] DEBUG: Writing /home/kuci/.dmrc
[+27.74s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopping greeter; display server will be re-used for user session
[+27.74s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Sending SIGTERM
[+27.76s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Greeter closed communication channel
[+27.76s] DEBUG: Session pid=3052: Exited with return value 0
[+27.76s] DEBUG: Seat: Session stopped
[+27.76s] DEBUG: Seat: Greeter stopped, running session
[+27.76s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
[+27.77s] DEBUG: Session pid=3072: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+27.77s] DEBUG: Session pid=3072: Running command /etc/lightdm/Xsession cinnamon-session-cinnamon
[+27.77s] DEBUG: Session pid=3072: Logging to .xsession-errors
[+27.80s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1

lightdm.log.old:

[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.8.5, UID=0 PID=765
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Registered seat module surfaceflinger
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Adding default seat
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating greeter session
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Seat: Setting XDG_SEAT=seat0
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating display server of type x
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting local X display
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Could not run plymouth --ping: Failed to execute child process "plymouth" (No such file or directory)
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Using VT 1
[+0.02s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+0.02s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to /run/lightdm/root/:0
[+0.02s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
[+0.02s] DEBUG: Launching process 795: /usr/sbin/X :0 -auth /run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt1 -novtswitch
[+0.02s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
[+10.69s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 795
[+10.69s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Got signal from X server :0
[+10.69s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Connecting to XServer :0
[+10.72s] DEBUG: Seat: Display server ready, starting session authentication
[+10.72s] DEBUG: Session: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+10.72s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter', username 'lightdm'
[+10.95s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
[+10.95s] DEBUG: Seat: Session authenticated, running command
[+10.95s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+10.95s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-gtk-greeter
[+10.96s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0-greeter.log
[+10.99s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
[+11.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Greeter connected version=1.8.5
[+12.67s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Greeter start authentication for kuci
[+12.67s] DEBUG: Seat: Setting XDG_SEAT=seat0
[+12.67s] DEBUG: Session: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+12.67s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Started with service 'lightdm', username 'kuci'
[+12.69s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
[+12.69s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)
[+45.23s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Continue authentication
[+45.33s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
[+45.33s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Authenticate result for user kuci: Success
[+45.39s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: User kuci authorized
[+45.40s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Greeter requests session cinnamon
[+45.52s] DEBUG: Writing /home/kuci/.dmrc
[+45.55s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopping greeter; display server will be re-used for user session
[+45.55s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Sending SIGTERM
[+45.56s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Greeter closed communication channel
[+45.56s] DEBUG: Session pid=2667: Exited with return value 0
[+45.56s] DEBUG: Seat: Session stopped
[+45.56s] DEBUG: Seat: Greeter stopped, running session
[+45.56s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
[+45.57s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Setting XDG_VTNR=1
[+45.57s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Running command /etc/lightdm/Xsession cinnamon-session-cinnamon
[+45.57s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Logging to .xsession-errors
[+45.65s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Got signal 15 from process 1
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Caught Terminated signal, shutting down
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Stopping display manager
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopping
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopping display server
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 795
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopping session
[+115.80s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Sending SIGTERM
[+115.85s] DEBUG: Session pid=2729: Exited with return value 15
[+115.85s] DEBUG: Seat: Session stopped
[+117.16s] DEBUG: Process 795 exited with return value 0
[+117.16s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: X server stopped
[+117.16s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 1
[+117.16s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Removing X server authority /run/lightdm/root/:0
[+117.16s] DEBUG: Seat: Display server stopped
[+117.16s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopped
[+117.16s] DEBUG: Display manager stopped
[+117.16s] DEBUG: Stopping daemon
[+117.17s] DEBUG: Exiting with return value 0

Last edited by Kuci (2013-12-08 17:41:16)

GitHub

#5960 2013-12-09 03:12:24

lano1106
Website

Hi, I'm trying to screen capture a fullscreen opengl game with

ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 1920x1080 -r 30 -i :0.0 -vcodec libx264 -preset superfast /home/lano1106/video.mkv

but the generated video contains everything on my desktop except the foremost fullscreen window that I want to capture. Must be related to some kind of overlay tricks and direct opengl rendering just bypassing the regular X drawing. I did a quick googling on the issue and could not find the solution. Does someone know what I need to do to make my screengrab work?

thank you

#5961 2013-12-09 05:28:45

lano1106
Website

Ok I am autoreplying myself. I found out glc from AUR. It requires some ALSA voodoo to create an ALSA plug that will feed my sound card and the alsa loopback driver to feed glc.

Still need to tweek glc params as it is eating about a 1GB/minute for the recording but it is working like a charm.

#5962 2013-12-09 09:12:21

Vi0L0
Website

@Kuci:
looks like the only worth to mention error is this one (.xsession-errors.old):

(cinnamon:2880): Gdk-WARNING **: cinnamon: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

You said that restarting DM is helping, what if you will disable DMs autostart and start it manually after the boot? Maybe there's some problem with starting sequence?
Feel free to also paste Xorg.0.log catch after cinnamon crash, i don't expect to see anything other than sigfault there, but still.

@lano1106:
nice, loks like a good material for the wiki, feel free to share some interesting glc tweeks as well :-)

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2013-12-09 09:17:23)

#5963 2013-12-09 09:44:18

snack

About OpenCL and amdstream/amdapp-sdk: I have uninstalled them and currently have only the catalyst driver and opencl-headers on my machine, which seem to be enough to compile and run OpenCL applications, at least when using the CPU as OpenCL device (my GPU is not OpenCL-capable). So I don't understand the point of amdstream/amdapp-sdk: are they necessary for some other workload, i.e. GPU? Reading the wiki I had the impression that installing amdstream/amdapp-sdk is mandatory for OpenCL but my experience tells a different story...

#5964 2013-12-09 10:27:13

Vi0L0
Website

As wiki states:
"The SDK provides samples, documentation and other materials to quickly get you started leveraging accelerated compute using OpenCL, Bolt, or C++ AMP in your C/C++ application." (it doesn't mention later added aparapi for java and opencv, think i will fix it), so yeah, docs and samples are most important things that sdk brings. 2.7 version also got profiler, which was later moved to codexl.

catalyst driver comes with it's own (runtime) implementation of opencl, so you will be able to run precompiled opencl code on your radeon. To compile opencl code you only need opencl-headers, and gcc. You should be able to develop opencl without sdk, afaik it's not necessary for other workload.
Edit: just noted that i forget about libOpenCL.so ;P

codexl looks like a nice piece of software for open(C/G)L developement, but it's buggy, heh. AMD's opencl implementation is also buggy, there are problems with bigger kernels. Mentioned bugs are known to amd and were not fixed for months (we probably needs Chuck Norris' help here)... Let's just hope it will end well and we will soon be able to run such a nice projects like opencl-accelerated Blender Cycles...

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2013-12-09 10:45:00)

#5965 2013-12-09 10:36:41

snack

Thanks for the reply, Vi0l0. From the OpenCL wiki page I read:

OpenCL implementation from AMD is known as AMD APP SDK, formerly also known as AMD Stream SDK or ATi Stream.

By "implementation" I understood also the runtime components, that's why I thought that a version of AMD SDK was mandatory. It's also funny that I uninstalled both SDK and llvm, but still I can compile and run the kernels on the CPU; also llvm seems to be not necessary (at least for CPU), as opposed to what I thought. It's nice since this means that I almost don't need to install any additional package to run OpenCL...

Edit: I still have llvm-libs in my system and that's probably enough for AMD's OpenCL implementation.

Last edited by snack (2013-12-09 10:39:05)

#5966 2013-12-09 13:22:00

Kuci
Website

Vi0L0 wrote:

@Kuci:
looks like the only worth to mention error is this one (.xsession-errors.old):

You said that restarting DM is helping, what if you will disable DMs autostart and start it manually after the boot? Maybe there's some problem with starting sequence?
Feel free to also paste Xorg.0.log catch after cinnamon crash, i don't expect to see anything other than sigfault there, but still.

@lano1106:
nice, loks like a good material for the wiki, feel free to share some interesting glc tweeks as well :-)

Yeah, I already tried this. Same result. It's interesting, but when I downgrade to 13.8b1 it works again.

Xorg.0.log

[     2.725] 
X.Org X Server 1.14.4
Release Date: 2013-10-31
[     2.725] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[     2.726] Build Operating System: Linux 3.11.6-1-ARCH x86_64 
[     2.726] Current Operating System: Linux kuci-ntb 3.12.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 4 21:45:42 CET 2013 x86_64
[     2.726] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=74b573f8-7fc5-4a70-9b81-f2ad6508d4b5 rw
[     2.726] Build Date: 01 November 2013  05:10:48PM
[     2.726]  
[     2.726] Current version of pixman: 0.32.4
[     2.726] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
[     2.726] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[     2.726] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Mon Dec  9 14:24:13 2013
[     2.731] (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
[     2.731] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[     2.736] (==) ServerLayout "aticonfig Layout"
[     2.737] (**) |-->Screen "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" (0)
[     2.737] (**) |   |-->Monitor "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
[     2.737] (**) |   |-->Device "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
[     2.737] (==) Automatically adding devices
[     2.737] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[     2.737] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[     2.747] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF/" does not exist.
[     2.747] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[     2.748] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/".
[     2.748] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[     2.748] 	(Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/").
[     2.749] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/".
[     2.749] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[     2.749] 	(Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/").
[     2.749] (==) FontPath set to:
	/usr/share/fonts/misc/,
	/usr/share/fonts/TTF/,
	/usr/share/fonts/Type1/
[     2.749] (**) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/updates,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[     2.749] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
	If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[     2.749] (II) Loader magic: 0x7fdc20
[     2.749] (II) Module ABI versions:
[     2.749] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[     2.749] 	X.Org Video Driver: 14.1
[     2.749] 	X.Org XInput driver : 19.1
[     2.749] 	X.Org Server Extension : 7.0
[     2.753] (--) PCI:*(0:0:1:0) 1002:9908:1043:2134 rev 0, Mem @ 0xc0000000/268435456, 0xfeb00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000f000/256
[     2.753] (--) PCI: (0:1:0:0) 1002:6601:1043:2134 rev 0, Mem @ 0xd0000000/268435456, 0xfea00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000e000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
[     2.754] Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
[     2.754] Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
[     2.754] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
[     2.754] Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
[     2.754] Initializing built-in extension XTEST
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension SYNC
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension RENDER
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension RANDR
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension RECORD
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension DPMS
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XVideo
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DGA
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DRI
[     2.755] Initializing built-in extension DRI2
[     2.755] (II) "glx" will be loaded by default.
[     2.755] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[     2.762] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/updates/extensions/libglx.so
[     2.765] (II) Module glx: vendor="Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."
[     2.765] 	compiled for 6.9.0, module version = 1.0.0
[     2.765] Loading extension GLX
[     2.765] (II) LoadModule: "fglrx"
[     2.766] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
[     2.854] (II) Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - AMD Technologies Inc."
[     2.854] 	compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 13.25.5
[     2.854] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[     2.855] (II) Loading sub module "fglrxdrm"
[     2.855] (II) LoadModule: "fglrxdrm"
[     2.855] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so
[     2.858] (II) Module fglrxdrm: vendor="FireGL - AMD Technologies Inc."
[     2.858] 	compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 13.25.5
[     2.858] (II) AMD Proprietary Linux Driver Version Identifier:13.25.5
[     2.858] (II) AMD Proprietary Linux Driver Release Identifier: UNSUPPORTED-13.25.18                 
[     2.859] (II) AMD Proprietary Linux Driver Build Date: Nov 22 2013 09:54:24
[     2.859] (++) using VT number 1

[     2.859] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fglrx
[     2.889] (II) Loading PCS database from /etc/ati/amdpcsdb /etc/ati/amdpcsdb.default
[     2.896] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[     2.897] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[     2.897] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:1:0:0
[     2.897] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[     2.897] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
[     4.587] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 9
[     4.587] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[     4.587] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card1
[    10.213] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
[    10.213] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 9
[    10.213] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
[    10.325] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    10.325] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    10.325] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:0:1:0
[    10.325] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    10.325] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 9, (OK)
[    10.325] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 9
[    10.325] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    10.341] (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:0) found
[    10.342] (--) Chipset Supported AMD Graphics Processor (0x9908) found
[    10.343] (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:1:1) found
[    10.343] (**) ChipID override: 0x6601
[    10.343] (**) Chipset Supported AMD Graphics Processor (0x6601) found
[    10.344] (II) fglrx(0): pEnt->device->identifier=0x13b4e90
[    10.344] (II) pEnt->device->identifier=(nil)
[    10.344] (II) fglrx(0): === [xdl_xs114_atiddxPreInit] === begin
[    10.346] (II) Loading sub module "vgahw"
[    10.346] (II) LoadModule: "vgahw"
[    10.347] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libvgahw.so
[    10.348] (II) Module vgahw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    10.348] 	compiled for 1.14.4, module version = 0.1.0
[    10.348] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 14.1
[    10.349] (**) fglrx(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
[    10.349] (II) fglrx(0): Pixel depth = 24 bits stored in 4 bytes (32 bpp pixmaps)
[    10.349] (==) fglrx(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    10.349] (**) fglrx(0): Option "DPMS" "true"
[    10.349] (==) fglrx(0): RGB weight 888
[    10.349] (II) fglrx(0): Using 8 bits per RGB 
[    10.349] (==) fglrx(0): Buffer Tiling is ON
[    10.349] (II) Loading sub module "fglrxdrm"
[    10.349] (II) LoadModule: "fglrxdrm"
[    10.350] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so
[    10.350] (II) Module fglrxdrm: vendor="FireGL - AMD Technologies Inc."
[    10.350] 	compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 13.25.5
[    10.354] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:0:1:0
[    10.354] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    10.354] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 11, (OK)
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 11
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:1:0:0
[    10.354] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    10.354] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 12, (OK)
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 12
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    10.354] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card1
[    10.354] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 12, (OK)
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 12
[    10.354] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
[    10.355] (**) fglrx(0): NoAccel = NO
[    10.355] (**) fglrx(0): AMD 2D Acceleration Architecture enabled
[    10.355] (--) fglrx(0): Chipset: "AMD Radeon HD 7600G" (Chipset = 0x9908)
[    10.355] (--) fglrx(0): (PciSubVendor = 0x1043, PciSubDevice = 0x2134)
[    10.355] (==) fglrx(0): board vendor info: third party graphics adapter - NOT original AMD
[    10.355] (--) fglrx(0): Linear framebuffer (phys) at 0xc0000000
[    10.355] (--) fglrx(0): MMIO registers at 0xfeb00000
[    10.355] (--) fglrx(0): I/O port at 0x0000f000
[    10.355] (==) fglrx(0): ROM-BIOS at 0x000c0000
[    10.427] (II) fglrx(0): ATIF platform detected
[    10.550] (II) fglrx(0): AC Adapter is used
[    10.551] (II) fglrx(0): AMD Video BIOS revision 9 or later detected
[    10.551] (--) fglrx(0): Video RAM: 524288 kByte, Type: DDR3
[    10.551] (II) fglrx(0): PCIE card detected
[    10.551] (--) fglrx(0): Using per-process page tables (PPPT) as GART.
[    10.551] (WW) fglrx(0): board is an unknown third party board, chipset is supported
[    11.580] (II) fglrx(0): Turned off the discrete card
[    11.591] (II) fglrx(0): [FB] MC range(MCFBBase = 0xf00000000, MCFBSize = 0x20000000)
[    11.591] (II) fglrx(0): RandR 1.2 support is enabled!
[    11.591] (II) fglrx(0): RandR 1.2 rotation support is enabled!
[    11.591] (==) fglrx(0): Center Mode is disabled 
[    11.591] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    11.591] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    11.593] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    11.595] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    11.595] 	compiled for 1.14.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    11.595] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    11.595] (II) Loading sub module "ddc"
[    11.595] (II) LoadModule: "ddc"
[    11.596] (II) Module "ddc" already built-in
[    11.767] (II) fglrx(0): Output LVDS using monitor section aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0
[    11.767] (II) fglrx(0): Output DFP1 has no monitor section
[    11.767] (II) fglrx(0): Output CRT1 has no monitor section
[    11.767] (II) Loading sub module "ddc"
[    11.767] (II) LoadModule: "ddc"
[    11.767] (II) Module "ddc" already built-in
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Connected Display0: LVDS
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Display0 EDID data ---------------------------
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer: IVO  Model: 533  Serial#: 0
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Year: 2012  Week: 2
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): EDID Version: 1.4
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Digital Display Input
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Undefined color depth
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Digital interface is undefined
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Max Image Size [cm]: horiz.: 29  vert.: 16
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Gamma: 2.20
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): No DPMS capabilities specified
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Supported color encodings: RGB 4:4:4 YCrCb 4:4:4 
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): First detailed timing is preferred mode
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Preferred mode is native pixel format and refresh rate
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): redX: 0.590 redY: 0.352   greenX: 0.330 greenY: 0.578
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): blueX: 0.152 blueY: 0.129   whiteX: 0.312 whiteY: 0.328
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer's mask: 0
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): Supported detailed timing:
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): clock: 77.0 MHz   Image Size:  293 x 164 mm
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): h_active: 1366  h_sync: 1424  h_sync_end 1460 h_blank_end 1560 h_border: 0
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): v_active: 768  v_sync: 771  v_sync_end 778 v_blanking: 822 v_border: 0
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0):  InfoVision
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0):  M133NWN1 R1
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): EDID (in hex):
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	00ffffffffffff0026cf330500000000
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	02160104801d10780a0800975a549427
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	21505400000001010101010101010101
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	010101010101141e56c2500036303a24
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	370025a4100000180000000000000000
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	00000000000000000000000000fe0049
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	6e666f566973696f6e0a2020000000fe
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): 	004d3133334e574e31205231200a000b
[    11.768] (II) fglrx(0): End of Display0 EDID data --------------------
[    11.769] (II) fglrx(0): Dynamic Surface Resizing Enabled
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): EDID for output LVDS
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer: IVO  Model: 533  Serial#: 0
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Year: 2012  Week: 2
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): EDID Version: 1.4
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Digital Display Input
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Undefined color depth
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Digital interface is undefined
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Max Image Size [cm]: horiz.: 29  vert.: 16
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Gamma: 2.20
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): No DPMS capabilities specified
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Supported color encodings: RGB 4:4:4 YCrCb 4:4:4 
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): First detailed timing is preferred mode
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Preferred mode is native pixel format and refresh rate
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): redX: 0.590 redY: 0.352   greenX: 0.330 greenY: 0.578
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): blueX: 0.152 blueY: 0.129   whiteX: 0.312 whiteY: 0.328
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Manufacturer's mask: 0
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): Supported detailed timing:
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): clock: 77.0 MHz   Image Size:  293 x 164 mm
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): h_active: 1366  h_sync: 1424  h_sync_end 1460 h_blank_end 1560 h_border: 0
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): v_active: 768  v_sync: 771  v_sync_end 778 v_blanking: 822 v_border: 0
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0):  InfoVision
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0):  M133NWN1 R1
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): EDID (in hex):
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): 	00ffffffffffff0026cf330500000000
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): 	02160104801d10780a0800975a549427
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): 	21505400000001010101010101010101
[    11.770] (II) fglrx(0): 	010101010101141e56c2500036303a24
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): 	370025a4100000180000000000000000
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): 	00000000000000000000000000fe0049
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): 	6e666f566973696f6e0a2020000000fe
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): 	004d3133334e574e31205231200a000b
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): EDID vendor "IVO", prod id 1331
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Printing probed modes for output LVDS
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x60.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1360x768"x60.0   77.00  1360 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1280x768"x60.0   77.00  1280 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1280x720"x60.0   77.00  1280 1424 1460 1560  720 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1024x768"x60.0   77.00  1024 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1024x600"x60.0   77.00  1024 1424 1460 1560  600 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "800x600"x60.0   77.00  800 1424 1460 1560  600 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "800x480"x60.0   77.00  800 1424 1460 1560  480 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "640x480"x60.0   77.00  640 1424 1460 1560  480 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz e)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): EDID for output DFP1
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): EDID for output CRT1
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Output LVDS connected
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Output DFP1 disconnected
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Output CRT1 disconnected
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Output LVDS using initial mode 1366x768
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Using default gamma of (1.0, 1.0, 1.0) unless otherwise stated.
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Display dimensions: (290, 160) mm
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): DPI set to (119, 121)
[    11.771] (II) fglrx(0): Eyefinity capable adapter detected.
[    11.772] (II) fglrx(0): Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7600G has 4 configurable heads and 1 displays connected.
[    11.772] (==) fglrx(0):  PseudoColor visuals disabled
[    11.772] (II) Loading sub module "ramdac"
[    11.772] (II) LoadModule: "ramdac"
[    11.772] (II) Module "ramdac" already built-in
[    11.772] (==) fglrx(0): NoDRI = NO
[    11.772] (==) fglrx(0): Capabilities: 0x00000000
[    11.772] (==) fglrx(0): CapabilitiesEx: 0x00000000
[    11.772] (==) fglrx(0): OpenGL ClientDriverName: "fglrx_dri.so"
[    11.772] (==) fglrx(0): UseFastTLS=0
[    11.772] (II) fglrx(0): Shadow Primary option: ShadowPrimary is enabled
[    11.772] (--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
[    11.772] Loading extension ATIFGLRXDRI
[    11.772] (II) fglrx(0): doing swlDriScreenInit
[    11.772] (II) fglrx(0): swlDriScreenInit for fglrx driver
[    11.772] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    11.773] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    11.773] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    11.773] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:0:1:0
[    11.773] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    11.773] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 13, (OK)
[    11.773] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 13
[    11.773] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] DRM interface version 1.0
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] created "fglrx" driver at busid "PCI:0:1:0"
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] added 8192 byte SAREA at 0x2000
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] mapped SAREA 0x2000 to 0x7f5a8f3c2000
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] framebuffer handle = 0x3000
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] added 1 reserved context for kernel
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): swlDriScreenInit done
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module Version Information:
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Name: fglrx
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Version: 13.25.5
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Date: Nov 22 2013
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Desc: AMD FireGL DRM kernel module
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module version matches driver.
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module Build Time Information:
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel UTS_RELEASE:        3.12.3-1-ARCH
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel MODVERSIONS:        yes
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel __SMP__:            yes
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel PAGE_SIZE:          0x1000
[    11.773] (II) fglrx(0): [uki] register handle = 0x00004000
[    11.778] (II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull
[    11.778] (II) fglrx(0): FBADPhys: 0xf00000000 FBMappedSize: 0x01080000
[    11.780] (==) fglrx(0): Backing store disabled
[    11.780] Loading extension FGLRXEXTENSION
[    11.780] (**) fglrx(0): DPMS enabled
[    11.781] (II) fglrx(0): Initialized in-driver Xinerama extension
[    11.781] (**) fglrx(0): Textured Video is enabled.
[    11.781] (II) LoadModule: "glesx"
[    11.782] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/glesx.so
[    11.797] (II) Module glesx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    11.797] 	compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 1.0.0
[    11.797] Loading extension GLESX
[    11.797] (II) fglrx(0): GLESX enableFlags = 592
[    11.798] (II) fglrx(0): GLESX is enabled
[    11.798] (II) LoadModule: "amdxmm"
[    11.798] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/amdxmm.so
[    11.801] (II) Module amdxmm: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    11.801] 	compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 2.0.0
[    11.830] Loading extension AMDXVOPL
[    11.830] Loading extension AMDXVBA
[    11.833] (II) fglrx(0): UVD feature is enabled(II) fglrx(0): 
[    11.838] (II) fglrx(0): Enable composite support successfully
[    11.838] (WW) fglrx(0): Option "VendorName" is not used
[    11.838] (WW) fglrx(0): Option "ModelName" is not used
[    11.838] (II) fglrx(0): X context handle = 0x1
[    11.838] (II) fglrx(0): [DRI] installation complete
[    11.839] (==) fglrx(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    11.839] (==) fglrx(0): Using HW cursor of display infrastructure!
[    11.839] (II) fglrx(0): RandR 1.2 enabled, ignore the following RandR disabled message.
[    11.840] (II) fglrx(0): 'eDP LCD' ConnectorType, abstracted as 'Panel'
[    13.114] (--) RandR disabled
[    13.132] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.132] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.132] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:0:1:0
[    13.132] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    13.132] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 14, (OK)
[    13.132] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 14
[    13.133] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    13.133] (EE) AIGLX error: failed to open /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so, error[/usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
[    13.172] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.173] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.173] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 15, (OK)
[    13.173] ukiGetBusid returned 'PCI:0:1:0'
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card1
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 15, (OK)
[    13.173] ukiGetBusid returned 'PCI:1:0:0'
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card2
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: Open failed
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card3
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card4
[    13.173] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card5
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card6
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: Open failed
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card7
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card8
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card9
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card10
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card11
[    13.174] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card12
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: Open failed
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card13
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card14
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card15
[    13.175] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.175] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:0:1:0
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    13.175] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 15, (OK)
[    13.175] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 15
[    13.175] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    13.355] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized OpenGL driver(II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0
[    13.358] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 16, (OK)
[    13.358] ukiGetBusid returned 'PCI:0:1:0'
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card1
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 16, (OK)
[    13.358] ukiGetBusid returned 'PCI:1:0:0'
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card2
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: Open failed
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card3
[    13.358] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card4
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card5
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: Open failed
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card6
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card7
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card8
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card9
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card10
[    13.359] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card11
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: Open failed
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card12
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card13
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card14
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card15
[    13.360] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 251
[    13.360] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:0:1:0
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[    13.360] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 16, (OK)
[    13.360] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 16
[    13.360] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:0:1:0
[    13.399] (II) fglrx(0): Setting screen physical size to 361 x 203
[    13.527] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Video Bus (/dev/input/event4)
[    13.527] (**) Video Bus: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.527] (**) Video Bus: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.527] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[    13.528] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[    13.532] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    13.532] 	compiled for 1.14.3, module version = 2.8.2
[    13.532] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    13.532] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 19.1
[    13.532] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Video Bus'
[    13.532] (**) Video Bus: always reports core events
[    13.532] (**) evdev: Video Bus: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[    13.533] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Vendor 0 Product 0x6
[    13.533] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Found keys
[    13.533] (II) evdev: Video Bus: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.533] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input8/event4"
[    13.533] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Video Bus" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    13.533] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.533] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.533] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.533] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.599] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Video Bus (/dev/input/event7)
[    13.599] (**) Video Bus: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.599] (**) Video Bus: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.599] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Video Bus'
[    13.599] (**) Video Bus: always reports core events
[    13.599] (**) evdev: Video Bus: Device: "/dev/input/event7"
[    13.599] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Vendor 0 Product 0x6
[    13.599] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Found keys
[    13.599] (II) evdev: Video Bus: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.599] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00/device:3d/LNXVIDEO:01/input/input11/event7"
[    13.599] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Video Bus" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
[    13.599] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.599] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.599] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.600] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.601] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event1)
[    13.601] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.601] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.601] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    13.601] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    13.601] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
[    13.601] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    13.601] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    13.601] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.601] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input5/event1"
[    13.601] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    13.601] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.601] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.601] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.601] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.602] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event2)
[    13.602] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    13.602] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    13.603] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Sleep Button (/dev/input/event3)
[    13.603] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.603] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.603] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Sleep Button'
[    13.603] (**) Sleep Button: always reports core events
[    13.603] (**) evdev: Sleep Button: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
[    13.603] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x3
[    13.603] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Found keys
[    13.603] (II) evdev: Sleep Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.603] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input7/event3"
[    13.603] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sleep Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
[    13.603] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.603] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.603] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.603] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.605] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3 (/dev/input/event5)
[    13.605] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    13.605] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    13.605] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam (/dev/input/event9)
[    13.605] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.605] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.605] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam'
[    13.605] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: always reports core events
[    13.605] (**) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[    13.605] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Vendor 0x4f2 Product 0xb364
[    13.605] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Found keys
[    13.605] (II) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.605] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.2/usb1/1-5/1-5:1.0/input/input17/event9"
[    13.606] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
[    13.606] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.606] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.606] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.606] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.607] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HD-Audio Generic Headphone (/dev/input/event6)
[    13.607] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    13.607] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    13.607] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Asus WMI hotkeys (/dev/input/event10)
[    13.607] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.607] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.607] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Asus WMI hotkeys'
[    13.607] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: always reports core events
[    13.608] (**) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Device: "/dev/input/event10"
[    13.608] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Vendor 0 Product 0
[    13.608] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Found keys
[    13.608] (II) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.608] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/input/input18/event10"
[    13.608] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Asus WMI hotkeys" (type: KEYBOARD, id 11)
[    13.608] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.608] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.608] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.608] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.609] (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event0)
[    13.609] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.609] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.609] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'AT Translated Set 2 keyboard'
[    13.609] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
[    13.609] (**) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
[    13.609] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Vendor 0x1 Product 0x1
[    13.609] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
[    13.609] (II) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.609] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input0/event0"
[    13.609] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 12)
[    13.609] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.609] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.609] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.609] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.611] (II) config/udev: Adding input device ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad (/dev/input/event11)
[    13.611] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Applying InputClass "evdev touchpad catchall"
[    13.611] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Applying InputClass "touchpad catchall"
[    13.611] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Applying InputClass "Default clickpad buttons"
[    13.611] (II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
[    13.611] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
[    13.613] (II) Module synaptics: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    13.613] 	compiled for 1.14.1, module version = 1.7.1
[    13.613] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    13.613] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 19.1
[    13.613] (II) Using input driver 'synaptics' for 'ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad'
[    13.613] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: always reports core events
[    13.613] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event11"
[    13.733] (II) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: found clickpad property
[    13.733] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: x-axis range 0 - 3260 (res 32)
[    13.733] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: y-axis range 0 - 2119 (res 32)
[    13.733] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: pressure range 0 - 255
[    13.733] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: finger width range 0 - 15
[    13.734] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: buttons: left double triple
[    13.734] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Vendor 0x2 Product 0xe
[    13.734] (**) Option "TapButton1" "1"
[    13.734] (**) Option "TapButton2" "2"
[    13.734] (**) Option "TapButton3" "3"
[    13.734] (**) Option "SoftButtonAreas" "50% 0 82% 0 0 0 0 0"
[    13.734] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: touchpad found
[    13.734] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: always reports core events
[    13.760] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input16/event11"
[    13.760] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" (type: TOUCHPAD, id 13)
[    13.760] (**) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) MinSpeed is now constant deceleration 2.5
[    13.760] (**) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) MaxSpeed is now 1.75
[    13.760] (**) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) AccelFactor is now 0.051
[    13.761] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    13.761] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) acceleration profile 1
[    13.761] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    13.761] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    13.761] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: touchpad found
[    13.762] (II) config/udev: Adding input device ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad (/dev/input/mouse0)
[    13.762] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Ignoring device from InputClass "touchpad ignore duplicates"
[    13.762] (II) config/udev: Adding input device PC Speaker (/dev/input/event8)
[    13.762] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    13.762] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    13.771] (II) fglrx(0): System Power Source: AC
[    13.774] (II) config/udev: Adding input device PC Speaker (/dev/input/event8)
[    13.774] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    13.774] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    13.774] (II) fglrx(0): Restoring Recent Mode via PCS is not supported in RANDR 1.2 capable environments
[    13.784] (II) fglrx(0): Framebuffer compression enabled from crtc[0]: mcAddr=0xf0d960000 with=0xa00 height=0xc80
[    13.789] (II) config/udev: removing device USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam
[    13.810] (II) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Close
[    13.810] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[    13.810] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam (/dev/input/event9)
[    13.811] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    13.811] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    13.811] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam'
[    13.811] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: always reports core events
[    13.811] (**) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[    13.811] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Vendor 0x4f2 Product 0xb364
[    13.811] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Found keys
[    13.811] (II) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Configuring as keyboard
[    13.811] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.2/usb1/1-5/1-5:1.0/input/input17/event9"
[    13.811] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
[    13.811] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    13.811] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    13.811] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    13.811] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    13.812] (II) config/udev: Adding input device ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad (/dev/input/mouse0)
[    13.812] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Ignoring device from InputClass "touchpad ignore duplicates"
[    13.812] (II) config/udev: removing device ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad
[    13.872] (II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
[    13.872] (II) config/udev: Adding input device ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad (/dev/input/event11)
[    13.872] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Applying InputClass "evdev touchpad catchall"
[    13.873] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Applying InputClass "touchpad catchall"
[    13.873] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Applying InputClass "Default clickpad buttons"
[    13.873] (II) Using input driver 'synaptics' for 'ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad'
[    13.873] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: always reports core events
[    13.873] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event11"
[    13.938] (II) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: found clickpad property
[    13.938] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: x-axis range 0 - 3260 (res 32)
[    13.938] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: y-axis range 0 - 2119 (res 32)
[    13.938] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: pressure range 0 - 255
[    13.938] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: finger width range 0 - 15
[    13.938] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: buttons: left double triple
[    13.938] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: Vendor 0x2 Product 0xe
[    13.938] (**) Option "TapButton1" "1"
[    13.938] (**) Option "TapButton2" "2"
[    13.938] (**) Option "TapButton3" "3"
[    13.938] (**) Option "SoftButtonAreas" "50% 0 82% 0 0 0 0 0"
[    13.939] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: touchpad found
[    13.939] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: always reports core events
[    13.970] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input16/event11"
[    13.970] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" (type: TOUCHPAD, id 13)
[    13.970] (**) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) MinSpeed is now constant deceleration 2.5
[    13.970] (**) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) MaxSpeed is now 1.75
[    13.970] (**) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) AccelFactor is now 0.051
[    13.971] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    13.971] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) acceleration profile 1
[    13.971] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    13.971] (**) ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    13.971] (--) synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad: touchpad found
[    13.971] (II) config/udev: removing device Asus WMI hotkeys
[    14.026] (II) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Close
[    14.026] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[    14.027] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Asus WMI hotkeys (/dev/input/event10)
[    14.027] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"
[    14.027] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    14.027] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Asus WMI hotkeys'
[    14.027] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: always reports core events
[    14.027] (**) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Device: "/dev/input/event10"
[    14.027] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Vendor 0 Product 0
[    14.027] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Found keys
[    14.027] (II) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Configuring as keyboard
[    14.027] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/input/input18/event10"
[    14.027] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Asus WMI hotkeys" (type: KEYBOARD, id 11)
[    14.027] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    14.027] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc104"
[    14.027] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us,sk"
[    14.027] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",qwerty"
[    62.777] (II) fglrx(0): EDID vendor "IVO", prod id 1331
[    62.777] (II) fglrx(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[    62.777] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[    64.848] (II) fglrx(0): EDID vendor "IVO", prod id 1331
[    64.848] (II) fglrx(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[    64.848] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[    65.057] (II) fglrx(0): EDID vendor "IVO", prod id 1331
[    65.057] (II) fglrx(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[    65.057] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[    95.152] (II) fglrx(0): EDID vendor "IVO", prod id 1331
[    95.152] (II) fglrx(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[    95.152] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[   114.562] (II) fglrx(0): EDID vendor "IVO", prod id 1331
[   114.562] (II) fglrx(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[   114.562] (II) fglrx(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   77.00  1366 1424 1460 1560  768 771 778 822 -hsync -vsync (49.4 kHz eP)
[   119.173] (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
[   119.174] (II) fglrx(0): Backup framebuffer data.
[   119.186] (II) fglrx(0): Backup complete.
[   119.186] (II) fglrx(0): Framebuffer compression disabled from crtc[0]

Last edited by Kuci (2013-12-09 13:41:01)

GitHub

#5967 2013-12-09 14:22:18

lano1106
Website

Concerning OpenCL, IMO, one point noting for a catalyst user, it is that all you really need to do opencl dev, it is the openclheaders package.

Note that the one from the official repositories, the maintainer opted for the lowest common denominator and offers only OpenCL 1.1. That is what NVIDIA offers.

Catalyst offer OpenCL v1.2 support and is required to compile opencl support in ffmpeg for instance.You should find openclheader v1.2 in AUR.

If not drop me a buzz, I have such a PKGBUILD laying around somewhere. I'll make it available in AUR if noone else has taken care of that.

#5968 2013-12-09 14:25:21

snack

@lano1106: thanks for your offer, but currently I'm studying on a book which refers to OpenCL 1.1 so I'm fine with the headers from official repo. I'm still learning the basics so I don't need to cope with extensions and additional features, but for sure I'll llook at 1.2 at a certain point.

#5969 2013-12-09 16:27:57

lano1106
Website

@snack. Allright but note that, as far as I know, opencl newer version are backward compatible with v1.1 programs. It is just adding more features.

#5970 2013-12-10 14:57:53

Jannis

So I'm trying Catalyst's tear free desktop feature again. Performance in KDE with compositing enabled (tearing prevention in KWin disabled) seems to be good for desktop use and watching videos. No tearing, no input lag.

The problem: When "tear free desktop" is enabled prior to starting X, the system freezes completely while starting KDE. It doesn't matter whether X is started by a display manager or manually.

To work around this I've put "sudo aticonfig --del-pcs-key=DDX,EnableTearFreeDesktop" in my ~/.bash_profile to disable tear free on login so I can startx and enable it again.

Now I want to automatically enable it after KDE has started but "sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-u32=DDX,EnableTearFreeDesktop,1" doesn't take action until X is restarted. Enabling it via CCC works fine while X is already running so there must be a way to do this in a script, right?

#5971 2013-12-11 03:33:02

lano1106
Website

just curious. Did anyone heard anything about a catalyst 13.12? We are already close to mid-december. Come on AMD. A new driver would be a nice Christmas gift for your customers.

#5972 2013-12-11 11:15:11

haagch

#5973 2013-12-12 02:17:52

jamiethemorris

So I'm having an odd issue with gnome 3.10 and the latest catalyst beta driver (13.11b6). Upon boot or login, "wait for vertical refresh" is set to "Always Off" and "Tear-Free" is disabled. I have tried setting it from the command line and from the gui app, both as root and as regular user. I think it might be related me not having a display manager, I just have ~/.xinitrc automatically login to gnome upon booting. I can't change anything with aticonfig, for some reason that doesn't change any settings. Any suggestions?

#5974 2013-12-12 05:25:27

lano1106
Website

hello guys

I am sorry if it is borderline offtopic but I though that there could be some glc users in the people following this thread. I have found and fixed a buffer overflow when processing the '-a' option value. If you are passing a very short device name (ie 'hw:1') all is good but in my case, I was passing 'loop_capture' device alias and this was few bytes too long.

I will contact AUR glc maintainer but if you could need the patch ASAP, you can get the details at:

https://github.com/nullkey/glc/pull/62

@haagch: Thanks for the good news! This gives some time for Vi0l0 to prepare himself ahead for the new release!

Last edited by lano1106 (2013-12-12 05:26:49)

#5975 2013-12-12 16:24:10

dfanz0r

Vi0L0 wrote:

FYI Lately on Steam I bought Metro Last Light and it's working well here on hd 7850 and with catalyst 13.11 beta 9.4. When Metro LL was released there was an info that AMD is working on to support it properly, but I never saw a news telling it's fine now. Well... it's fine here ;P
I didn't play for a long time, but everything was rendered correctly and fps was also playable - around 40 to 60 fps on highest settings @ fullhd, so like on windows. I can see that tesselation is missing but AFAIK it's normal: http://www.overclock.net/t/1439965/metr … comparison

dfanz0r wrote:
Vi0L0 wrote:

"<default monitor>" looks strange, especially when used two times with different screens. How many displays you got there? Can you paste xorg.conf?

I had 4 plugged in at the time. Currently i am away (took the computer with me lol) and only have 1 plugged in.

Here a second log with only the one monitor connected: http://pastebin.com/mzNdXvJi
Here is the conf used when the above log was generated: http://pastebin.com/19M2z3S9

What if you will connect one display and then generated (fresh) xorg.conf with aticonfig?

same thing, thats what i did when i posted that log.

Currently im in arch running my 7850 and it works fine.

As soon as i put my r9 290 in it doesnt work anymore.

And it doesnt seem to be a window manager or desktop enviroment causing it because it still crashes using 3 differant configurations(MATE, cinnamon, and openbox).

Last edited by dfanz0r (2013-12-12 16:26:02)

Board footer