You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-07 11:45:42

lmello

What happened to faenza/faiance?

Well it's been over a year since the talented Matthieu James launched faenza icons 1.3.1. I wrote him an e-mail pointing out several symlinks needed for a few updated packages but got no response. What happened? I heard he was hired by Canonical to design a new icon theme for Ubuntu so... does that mean this is the end?

Last edited by lmello (2013-12-07 11:46:16)

Fundamental Axiom of the Universe (aka Murphy's Law): Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
First Digital Deduction: Nothing obeys Murphy's Law so well as computers.
Second Digital Deduction: Everything go wrong at least once.
Third Digital Deduction: Things go wrong even when there's absolutely no possibility of anything go wrong.

#2 2013-12-07 12:30:19

blackout23

Re: What happened to faenza/faiance?

Yes it looks like he doesn't maintain these icons anymore. That's to bad. Also his GTK3/Gnome Shell theme was very nice. It's was the only GTK Theme that didn't look odd in some scenarios.

http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/GTK3-G … -255097456

I always wanted to try and fix this myself but I never had time and I have no experience with GTK theming and what changed from his version to the latest version.

This blog post I found some days ago might help:

http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2013/12/ … in-themes/

Last edited by blackout23 (2013-12-07 12:32:06)

#3 2013-12-07 12:42:39

lmello

Faenza is the best icon set I've ever seen 'in action'. Fits like a glove on gnome 3.x. Wonder why he quit the project since it's so popular. Some new applications, such as Maps, Music, Photos and Weather are just calling for the squared icons from the set. I was willing to donate some money to him in exchange for some more icons, even asked if there was an alternative to paypal because my bank doesn't support it yet. No response sad

If the project is really dead, can we so some kind of crowdfunding to 'revive' it?

Last edited by lmello (2013-12-22 02:23:47)

Fundamental Axiom of the Universe (aka Murphy's Law): Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
Third Digital Deduction: Things go wrong even when there's absolutely no possibility of anything go wrong.

#4 2014-05-11 23:01:51

lmello

Good news everybody! Artists, inkscape wizards, enthusiasts alike - I call upon thee!

I made a guthub project to try to keep Faenza going on smile

Board footer