You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-12 21:58:32

stibi

Blackscreen after resume from suspend on Macbook 9.2 with nvidia

Hello guys,
I have Archlinux on Macbook pro 9.2 and I'm quite happy with it, but I have some struggles with graphic.
With the proprietary nvidia driver, there is the problem with resume from suspend - it doesn't work, only I can see is a black screen and I have to restart the machine.

The resume works with nouveau for example - but there is another problem, with external display. To make the display "visible" for system, I have to first suspend and resume the system, then the external display appears in system and I can configure it smile Don't know why is it so, maybe some power save things? Doesn't matter, I'd like to have working nvidia driver in the first place.

So, do you have guys any experiences with such behaviour, could you maybe recommend something?

#2 2013-12-08 05:10:15

firekage

Re: Blackscreen after resume from suspend on Macbook 9.2 with nvidia

stibi wrote:

Hello guys,
With the proprietary nvidia driver, there is the problem with resume from suspend - it doesn't work, only I can see is a black screen and I have to restart the machine.

Same here on desktop computer - X4 955 with GTX260 and nvidia drivers. I also tried to disable lock-screen with password promp becaus i rad that it is what causes problem but didn't helped me at all. After resume from suspend to ram i see black screen with prompt on the left, it is not blinking, i can switch to tty xy, but after that my computer frozes, i have to do a hard reset.

Last edited by firekage (2013-12-08 05:11:23)

Board footer