You are not logged in.

#26 2006-01-15 16:15:25

fredp

Re: evocation - a frontend for starting/stopping daemons (pygtk)

Just to let you know I took the excellent work done by dp and modified and enhanched it a bit. Now it is REvocation.

Now it has a list view instead of a table of checkboxes (it is similar to the service manager present in gnome-system-tools) and reads package name and description through libpypac or, if not installed, from pacman.

Here it is how it looks:
shotrevocation6el.png

And here REvocation's page: http://vortex87.altervista.org/wiki/dok … revocation

Should I open a new topic?

#27 2006-01-16 05:44:40

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Awesome.

What I'd like to see...... an ability to modify rc.conf, I mean, theres only one line, and its clearly marked out, DAEMONS, so theoretically its a simple sed style change...

as mentioned earlier in the thread... a modular cp would be nice.

#28 2006-01-16 06:21:24

PJ

iphitus wrote:

What I'd like to see...... an ability to modify rc.conf, I mean, theres only one line, and its clearly marked out, DAEMONS, so theoretically its a simple sed style change...

In theory it's simple but don't forget that some of the daemons have dependencies which would be nice if they where placed in the right order. Personal I wouldn't want a gui that could change something that I had to check afterwards.

#29 2006-01-16 15:13:30

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

PJ wrote:

In theory it's simple but don't forget that some of the daemons have dependencies which would be nice if they where placed in the right order. Personal I wouldn't want a gui that could change something that I had to check afterwards.

It wouldn't be hard to set up the GUI so you could order the daemons as you like and then output them in that order to rc.conf. That way you're still checking the dependency order yourself, (no automatic dependency ordering), but that's what you do anyway if you're editing rc.conf.

Dusty

#30 2006-01-16 21:09:03

shadowhand
Website

deficite wrote:

I would like to see a modular Arch Linux control panel one of these days.

Hear hear! This would be awesome!

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

Board footer