You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-10 18:51:23

Hurricane

Compiz keyboard shortcuts not working with Mate 1.6

I've managed to get compiz working with Mate 1.6. Running compiz replace changes the window manager. However, none of the keyboard shortcuts are working. Here's a list of all the things I have enabled in CCSM:

• Composite

• Gnome Compatibility

• OpenGL

• Viewport Switcher

• Window Decoration

• JPEG

• PNG

• SVG

• Text

• Compiz Library Toolbox

• Dbus

• Notification

• Regex Matching

• Workarounds

• Move Window

• Place Windows

• Resize Window

I first noticed that the keyboard shortcuts for switching workspaces weren't working (but I had moved a terminal to another workspace, and I saw it in the workspace switcher on my panel, so I know it exists). I tried enabling Expo, but whenever I would press the keyboard shortcut (Super+e) nothing would happen, except it would type 'e' in the CCSM search box. Then I tried to run a command using Alt+F2, which is enabled, but the run command dialog box wouldn't show up, which leads me to believe that somehow Compiz isn't picking up the keyboard shortcuts.

Computers are extra dumb, which is why it takes extra smart people to make them work.

#2 2013-08-12 10:57:39

hanny

Re: Compiz keyboard shortcuts not working with Mate 1.6

I'm running into similar issues with Xfce 4.10. ALT+F2 is working for me, but no ALT+TAB, Super+e etc...Im using compiz-bzr from AUR.

#3 2013-12-10 02:38:55

Hurricane

Re: Compiz keyboard shortcuts not working with Mate 1.6

hanny wrote:

I'm running into similar issues with Xfce 4.10. ALT+F2 is working for me, but no ALT+TAB, Super+e etc...Im using compiz-bzr from AUR.

I recently started using Cinnamon since they moved completely off of Gnome 3. It works beautifully. You should check it out. Best Desktop Environment right now imho.

Computers are extra dumb, which is why it takes extra smart people to make them work.

Board footer