You are not logged in.

#76 2013-12-05 19:58:24

mich04

Re: WiFiz - A NetCTL GUI Frontend - Under Development (AUR!)

so I figured out how to let a regular user use the program, this is just a fix for my machine. just edit visudo and allow the user to run the command without password. Then create a script that runs sudo wifiz. you can than place that script in say openbox autostart. This program works quite nicely with tint2. smile

I love computers, networking and Arch Linux. Sometimes I might ask a stupid question, but please have grace with me like I would with you.

#77 2013-12-10 17:19:50

pivotraze

alzen wrote:

Hmm, where does this program keep config files?

I entered wrong device name(wlp2s0 instead of wlp12s0) and now I'm stuck. There is no .wifiz directory or any files regarding to it in /root/.config.

Where is it?

Try /usr/lib/wifiz. That's the correct place.

I'm sorry I haven't been maintaining this. I've been out a laptop for a while, and I haven't been able to install it on my new laptop. Sadly, this doesn't work in a VM (last I tried. Maybe that is fixed now? VMs use a fake ethernet, and won't let me scan Wifi to test this.)

As for the 90mb dependency (to the other person) it's because I have some extraneous dependencies that I recently learned I can remove. I just need to work that in.

Last edited by pivotraze (2013-12-10 17:20:38)

#78 2014-01-31 16:34:49

pivotraze

Just to update, I fixed a program-stopping issue that stopped WiFiz from starting. This was caused by a backwards-compatibility issue in the new wxPython 3.0. Along with that, I fixed the "Connected?" column to correctly show if you are, or are not connected.

Thanks everyone for using this program, and continue to let me know what I can do to improve it further! smile

#79 2014-03-07 07:23:28

orschiro
Website

Thanks for this GUI!

You should update the URL in the first post: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wifiz-git/

Board footer