You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-10 21:16:41

alocacoc

mp3 cover / album art problem

I try to set album arts to my mp3 files. I tried to do this with Amarok and Clementine.

After finding out Amarok will not store coverarts to files on my ntfs usb harddisk but only on my internal ext4 harddisk I have the following problem now:

When I use Amarok it will embed the cover art into the mp3 file. This file will be visible in Clementine and other players also. But it will only let me search in last.fm. The choices Google, Yahoo! and Discogs are not showing anything. But Last.fm doesn't have many coverarts, it will not find like half of the covers I want. So its somehow not enough.

On the other side I used Clementine, it will easily find many coverarts, but it won't embed it properly into the file so it will not be shown in Amarok or other players.

I am not sure how to fix this problem.

I would also take the advice for an alternative cover / album art program which will find many covers and will properly embed it into the file.

Thanks.

#2 2013-12-11 06:23:06

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: mp3 cover / album art problem

Use a dedicated tag manager such as kid3 or puddletag.

I am not sure about their image finding capabilities. You can even give a try to mp3tag (windows only) with wine. As for me, I manually find cover art and embed it into the tags using kid3 or mp3tag.

Last edited by x33a (2013-12-11 06:23:33)

#3 2013-12-11 22:20:56

alocacoc

Re: mp3 cover / album art problem

Mp3tag looks good, I don't like to use wine, but since now it seems to be the best choice.

Puddletag is not very suitable.

Kid3 is looking also OK, but it is a bit confusing in behavior for me.

Board footer