You are not logged in.

#26 2006-01-16 16:45:58

arooaroo
Website

Re: Jacman - translators needed!

postlogic wrote:

Send me a personal message, so I'll remember to translate it to norwegian, if you bother.

I'm currently translating another app, but this will go fast ;-)

Ah bugger, Norwegian isn't in the initial list of languages in the translation file!  There is a menu item in the program with the list of supported languages. This menu needs to be translated for each language supported. I wrote a provisional and fairly small list of languages to include. Despite the 2nd largest contributor to the Jacman project being from Oslo, I didn't realise that this language wasn't on the list. Oops!

Ah, bugger it. Thanks for the offer. I will just release it for now with English and Polish. The next release will have a larger push for translations - of which I'll make sure Norwegian is one of them.

(I really ought to be more organised)

#27 2006-01-16 17:08:25

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

What about my French translation?   I haven't checked the last link but I assume that I need to modify and resubmit it. I'll do that tonight (Montreal time) unless it's too late.

#28 2006-01-16 17:10:16

honzor

Do you have already German and Italian translations? I could write them for you if you wish...

#29 2006-01-16 17:14:46

postlogic
Website

You just let me know, then ;-)

#30 2006-01-16 17:30:06

arooaroo
Website

Here are the set of languages currently accepted:

# Languages
LanguageChinese = Chinese
LanguageEnglish = English
LanguageFinnish = Finnish
LanguageFrench = French
LanguageGreek = Greek
LanguagePolish = Polish
LanguageSpanish = Spanish
LanguageSwedish = Swedish

When making translatable GUIs, you need to have a 'label' freeze so that translators can work without fear of the definitions changing. Although it's my silly fault that I've appealed for translators without updating the supported language list, I can't really go back and make changes - it's too much hassle. It will be better to wait for a new release.

@Snowman, I'd love a French translation but it will have to wait until the next release I think.

#31 2006-01-16 17:32:47

Annette

honzor wrote:

Do you have already German and Italian translations? I could write them for you if you wish...

I could overview your german one. Would you PM it to me?

#32 2006-01-16 17:43:57

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

OK. 8) Anyway, I'll update it and post it here.  BTW, as lots of translators are late like myself, it might be a good idea (IMHO) to do a minor version (0.3.1) release in a month or so. That would give you time to update the language list and give translators time to submit translations without having to wait for the next major release.

#33 2006-01-16 18:38:26

honzor

Ive just sent the german (reviewed by annette) and italian translation.

#34 2006-01-16 18:43:18

pressh
Developer/TU

pm me if you'll be accepting new translations. I could do a dutch translation

#35 2006-01-16 19:18:51

arooaroo
Website

Snowman wrote:

OK. 8) Anyway, I'll update it and post it here.  BTW, as lots of translators are late like myself, it might be a good idea (IMHO) to do a minor version (0.3.1) release in a month or so. That would give you time to update the language list and give translators time to submit translations without having to wait for the next major release.

That's exactly what I am going to do smile I'll make a further annoucement in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone for their interest. My apologies for being disorganised.

So, to sum up: if you're interested in translating, then feel free to make a start. In the near future I'll be updating the translation file to include more Langage* entries representing all the major languages that I feel could be represented.

Board footer