You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-13 01:30:56

ihavenoname

(SOLVED) Starting Up Ndiswrapper Wifi card on start up

Hey ..im new to arch...and I love it. Arch is my all time favorite linux but i have a prob. I use a wireless card to connect to the internet and ive got it working w/ ndiswrapper. However to get it connecting to the internet i have to type dhcpcd wlan0 up. and then it connects me to the internet....is there a way to automate that to work at start up? and also is there an applet like network-manager (for Fedora Core) that lets you easily switch between access points? thank you very much for any help! If u need more info plz ask! sry if this is a bit...strangley worded or anything.

Edit: correction/addition:  network-manager is not soley for fedora core it is an applet developed by Red Hat that comes with Fedora Core and is available for other distros such as Ubuntu...

In this land of the pain the sane lose not knowing they were part of the game.

~LP

#2 2006-01-14 20:10:11

sudman1

Re: (SOLVED) Starting Up Ndiswrapper Wifi card on start up

For wifi on boot, you should just have to edit /etc/rc.conf. Here are the relevant lines:

wlan_wlan0="wlan0 essid myWLANid"
wlan0="dhcp"

as for changing access points, I use KDE and like to use the "Control Center" to change my access points graphically, but it's probably quicker from the commandline to tell you the truth.

v/r
Suds

#3 2006-01-16 01:59:51

ihavenoname

thanx

~LP

#4 2006-01-16 04:04:20

ihavenoname

sudman1 wrote:

For wifi on boot, you should just have to edit /etc/rc.conf. Here are the relevant lines:

wlan_wlan0="wlan0 essid myWLANid"
wlan0="dhcp"

as for changing access points, I use KDE and like to use the "Control Center" to change my access points graphically, but it's probably quicker from the commandline to tell you the truth.

hmmm it seems my wifi card keeps connecting to my neighbor on startup...and on start up it says something about wlan0 not exsisting but it is fine when the comp starts....i have edit the wireless fils in conf.d (ithink thats wut the file is called) and i tried making a network profile but it doesnt work....

~LP

#5 2006-01-16 07:27:10

ihavenoname

its fixed thank you very much!

~LP

#6 2006-01-16 19:55:07

sudman1

glad I could help.

v/r
Suds

Board footer