You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-17 02:52:41

stickychickenjohnson

Power lost during update, now KDE does not work

I tried to update my system a few hours ago and it lost power while updating. As such, when I turned it on, KDE crashed immediately and brought up dialog boxes saying that KWin, KMix, and the Run Command interface had crashed. I have tried reinstalling KDE. Is there anything I can do?

#2 2013-12-17 03:48:57

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Power lost during update, now KDE does not work

Have you tried pacman -Syu  ??

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2013-12-17 03:50:51

stickychickenjohnson

ewaller wrote:

Have you tried pacman -Syu  ??

Yes, I have tried it multiple times, and just tried it now. Pacman sees nothing wrong. I updated after the update was interrupted, in hopes that it would fix itself, but it didn't.

#4 2013-12-17 03:58:02

ewaller
Administrator

What if you create a new user and/or move or rename your ~/.kde4 directory and then try kde4?
After you try, it will have created a new .kde4 directory.  After the expermiment, you can delete the new .kde4 and replace it with the original and see if the problem returns.  Note, you should probably not delete or move the directory while kde is running.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2013-12-17 03:59:21

stickychickenjohnson

ewaller wrote:

What if you create a new user and/or move or rename your ~/.kde4 directory and then try kde4?
After you try, it will have created a new .kde4 directory.  After the expermiment, you can delete the new .kde4 and replace it with the original and see if the problem returns.  Note, you should probably not delete or move the directory while kde is running.

I have tried that, and it didn't work. I'll try again really quick.

Board footer