You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-21 21:48:15

jonessen

Gtk3 filechooser crashes programs

Since some days I have a problem with all programs using gtk3: Whenever I want to open a file in one of them, the normal dialog pops up, and about a second after that, the program crashes.

On the command line I get the error

(gedit:3014): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:3014): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:3014): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
Gdk:ERROR:gdkcairo.c:193:gdk_cairo_surface_paint_pixbuf: assertion failed: (cairo_image_surface_get_format (surface) == CAIRO_FORMAT_RGB24 || cairo_image_surface_get_format (surface) == CAIRO_FORMAT_ARGB32)
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

The last message means 'aborted'. I set LC_ALL and LANG but it was always german...

Reinstalling the gtk3 didn't help. I also tested qt and gtk2 programs, they worked as always.

#2 2013-12-22 02:05:29

jonessen

Re: Gtk3 filechooser crashes programs

I am not sure, but I think the error vanished all by itself.

It might have had something to do with the recent files stuff, because the data in there certainly have changed over the last hours and it always crashed before the files in that sections were loaded completely.

Board footer