You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-16 15:29:56

tlilja

Burned CDs and DVDs show empty in Windows

I have a strange little problem with burning CDs (both data and audio) and DVDs with K3b; in fact with every burning application.

Both audio and data discs appear to be empty in Windows systems, CD players and the like unless I first make an image of the contents and then burn them with DAO mode. Took me a while to figure this out and its really a pain in the old arse section as it takes a lot of time to make images everytime I need to burn something to people with no Linux system. The contents always show when viewed on my system.

I'm currently using testing and K3b runs on default settings (Rock Ridge and Joliet extensions on). Anyone encountered the same problem? My DVD burner is LG GSA-4163B.

Just your basic anime otaku some might even call nijikon.

#2 2006-01-17 18:11:32

FUBAR
Website

Re: Burned CDs and DVDs show empty in Windows

They're always empty in Windows? Have you tried scanning the disc with a burning program like Nero?

The CD's / DVD's I burn with k3b / Graveman have always been fine.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2006-01-17 23:51:48

tlilja

Haven't tried scanning the discs since I myself don't have access to a Windows machine. I've tried various brands of discs but to no avail; one thing I've noticed though is that DVD+R discs seem to function every now and then but things with CDs and DVD-Rs aren't the same.

Well, it's only 10 extra minutes to make the image and burn it so maybe I'll have to cope with it.

#4 2006-01-18 00:12:01

FUBAR
Website

Have you tried Graveman?

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#5 2006-01-18 00:24:16

tlilja

I remember having Graveman installed but haven't been using it much, so I suppose I have the same problem with it. I'll try to burn something with it once I get back home from work.

Board footer