You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-24 16:42:42

firatakandere

[Solved]Laptop does not start (not even bios)

Hi all,
I was about to install archlinux on my laptop. When I generate partitions (I used GPT), I saw something like this:
"If you have a BIOS motherboard (or plan on booting in BIOS compatibility mode) and you want to setup GRUB on a GPT-partitioned drive, you will need to create an extra BIOS Boot Partition of size 1 or 2 MiB and EF02 type code. Syslinux does not need one."

So, I was planning to make this. When I run cgdisk, I was that lthere was a 1007kb unusued(?) space. So I thought I can use this space for boot sector. Then I changed its type to EF02. When I did this, my laptop shutted down quickly and does not start again. When I press the power up button; I hear the usual starting noise, and then it shuts down again.

What did I do to my laptop?

What I tried:
Remove battery, wait for 5 minutes, try again
Remove hdd, try again
Unplug&plug bios battery, try again

Edit: Solved with a shame. Wall-charger was unplugged. This topic can be removed.

Last edited by firatakandere (2013-12-24 17:09:56)

#2 2013-12-24 18:31:53

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [Solved]Laptop does not start (not even bios)

firatakandere wrote:

Wall-charger was unplugged. This topic can be removed.

Why?  Others may learn for your experience smile

Welcome to Arch Linux.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer