You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-04 21:29:12

Arche

Internal display is disabled

Hey,

I have a strange problem...
I installed  GNOME now, because xfce doesn't support more than one monitor (except mirroring).
Everything went good, I installed GDM as my new Display Manager. Because my Laptop is under my desk, I deactivated this display and just activated my monitor and set it as primary display. Everything looked fine.
After a reboot the problem started. The internal laptop display was off but the monitor was on. Problem: The login-picture is on the laptop display, which I can't see. Okay, after trial and error I know now how far I have to move my mouse to hit the loginscreen... Once on desktop I try to turn on my internal monitor again. But it just doesn't work. No reaction from this display. Every setting doesn't make any difference.
So I thought I may reboot to xfce and look how to solve this problem. So I switched back to Slim, which starts my xfce. But now, here is the same problem, too... Can't use my laptop display with Linux anymore. Another weird thing is, that Slim mentioned "Gnome Session" before I logged in. But it used xfce like before. The advantage of Slim at this moment is, that I can see where I have to click to type my password, because it mirrors the screen only.
Laptop display is on until loginmanager is started.

Even if I remove the connection to an external display the internal stays black...

Any help would be great...

Board footer