You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-18 23:22:00

major

Glade

Ok.. now im trying to write some app using c++ and Gtk..

Found 'glade' witch is a GUI-designer tool, it is suposed to create some c++code from my drag'and'drop GUI. But all it sais is: sh glade-- not found, any ideas?

i installed glade-2 from the extra repo.. i also installed the libglade, and libglademm thinking some files were in those.. nu luck.

#2 2006-01-19 07:52:43

demonus

Re: Glade

glade-- is not included, it's supposed to use gtkmm but there doesn't seem to be any development going on in glademm, anyway it's easier to write code by hand, glade is not very helpful as far as building GUI is concerned

#3 2006-01-20 00:19:30

fedaykin

demonus wrote:

glade-- is not included, it's supposed to use gtkmm but there doesn't seem to be any development going on in glademm, anyway it's easier to write code by hand, glade is not very helpful as far as building GUI is concerned

I've used Glade plenty of times and it's very useful for me.  Mainly I use it for projects where the focus of the GUI is not an in depth graphical program but rather a simple interface to demonstrate something else (e.g..  This in mind, Glade helped in that it sped up the process very much.  I used to write the code myself, but now I use the Glade-generated XML and just import all the widgets and attach them to objects.  For me, this is much quicker because I can change the GUI without having to compile code each time.  That's just my two cents, and it all depends on what you're trying to do smile

As for the error, as I understand it Glade-- is Glademm (Glade "minus minus").  I don't know why it would be looking for this.  Is that the exact error, because I can't find any information on it.  Make sure you have all the latest packages for Gtk, etc.  More info on what exactly you are trying to do when it gives you this error would be nice smile

#4 2006-01-20 12:21:17

sudman1

try

# glade2

v/r
Suds

Board footer