You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-11 06:04:03

smakovits

[SOLVED] System hung loading domU

Very strange issue.  I built a base Arch system and things seem to be functional.  I was able to get thing loaded up with xen, I created a domu configuration for xen and managed to get things loaded and Arch installed into a domu without a ton of issues.  I then edited the configuration file to use pygrub and loaded up my domu vm.

I execute xl create -c /etc/xen/archdomu.cfg and the system loads, I see grub, timer expired and then the system just sits.  The system appears hung, but it is not.  If I hit Ctrl+] the system will continue booting to the vm and then everything appears OK with the vm.

Now, if I launch the vm (domU) using xl create /etc/xen/archdomu.cfg to load wihtout the console, the system boots without issue.  I can connect with xl console ArchU and the system is fully loaded and ready to go.

So the question is what could be going on.  I thought Ctrl+] exits the console, so why is it needed to boot my domu?

Let me know if you need any configuration files or logs and I will be sure to post them if they can help us resolve things.  I tried several things including a very minimal grub, but the same thing still happens.  Thanks

Last edited by smakovits (2014-01-12 02:00:51)

#2 2014-01-12 02:06:14

smakovits

Re: [SOLVED] System hung loading domU

Solved this by removing the timer from GRUB.

GRUB_TIMEOUT=0

Board footer