You are not logged in.

#26 2013-12-28 07:00:41

Lorddusty

Re: [Solved] Kernel panics with "No init found" after upgrade

Hi,

ran into the same issue and it took me a little more to resolve this.
Finally I found the actual reason was, that a package for kde replaced the symlink /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib with a real directory /usr/lib64. Moving the corresponding files to the right location in /usr/lib and recreating the symlink correctly, made mkinitcpio creating the correct initramfs contents ...

BR
LordDusty

#27 2013-12-28 12:00:54

Sanne

Lorddusty wrote:

...a package for kde replaced the symlink /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib with a real directory /usr/lib64.

What package? If from the official repositories, it should be reported as a bug, I think. If from AUR, the maintainer should be notified.

If our currency were not money but appreciation and acknowledgement for what we do for others, for the community, for the benefit of all, we would have paradise on earth.

#28 2013-12-28 16:27:17

Jauch

Good, LordDusty.

So this was the reason why I had to "delete" the /usr/lib64 folder and "re-install" the filesystem in order to the mkinitcpio to work properly.

Well done smile

But is very important to follow the Sanne advice, because on a next update of this package, the problem could arise again...

Cheers
Eduardo

#29 2014-01-12 19:51:05

ryuzy

Lorddusty wrote:

Hi,

ran into the same issue and it took me a little more to resolve this.
Finally I found the actual reason was, that a package for kde replaced the symlink /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib with a real directory /usr/lib64. Moving the corresponding files to the right location in /usr/lib and recreating the symlink correctly, made mkinitcpio creating the correct initramfs contents ...

BR
LordDusty

The same thing happened to me.
When today I updated the kernel I received the kernel panic with No init found, Failed to execute /init.
I booted in chroot and, like you said, I had a folder /usr/lib64 instead of a symbolic link.
Deleting the folder (copying the files first) and recreating the link solved the kernel panic.
I think that the driver of my canon mx390 installed from AUR caused this, but I'm not sure of it.

Anyway, thank you very much for the solution!

Board footer