You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-21 16:14:46

justinsmithies

Help no cpqarray modules

Hi i run ArchLinux on my desktop and just recently i have decided to kill Trustix on my server and install ArchLinux.
I soon ran into a problem.
There is no cpqarrary modules so my Compaq proliant smart 2/E raid does not get detected therefore i cant install ArchLinux as it cant see my hard drive.

Can someone please tell me if there is a way around this or would it be possible for Judd or some one to include the cpqarray module in the next kernel 2.6 release PLEASE....

#2 2006-02-23 04:02:27

Bazooka_Joe

Re: Help no cpqarray modules

After booting from the CD, do a "modprobe cciss" before running /arch/setup.  This will create device names under /dev/cciss/c0d0p1, ..p2 and so on for your smart array raid partitions which should also show up when you go to "prepare hard drive" in the Arch setup menu.  ONE PROBLEM though, this doesn't seem to work in Arch 0.7.1 but works fine in 0.7.  I just used the older 0.7 base CD and did an FTP install which gives me the latest and greatest anyway.  The Arch 0.7 base ISO is here and is only 200 megs: http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sour … 7-base.iso

If anyone knows how to get this to work off the Arch 0.7.1 CD let me know too!  Thanks.

Board footer