You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-21 19:59:46

Silex89

My WLan card and my Bluetooth have both the same MAC address?

Hello dear Arch Forumers.

I've recently purchased a brand new Sony VAIO SVF 14415. I installed Arch in Legacy BIOS mode (I didn't want to deal with the UEFI stuff and I don't use windows anyway, so I erased the complete disk and started from scratch) successfully without any glitches except for the wifi card (broadcom device) and the bluetooth device. For the wireless connection I installed the Broadcom-wl driver from AUR and worked fine, then I went after the bluetooth integration (I'm using KDE). I installed every package in the official repositories to make it work, I also enabled the systemd service for bluetooth management but no luck to get it to work...

Then I tried with CLI tools to see if I could diagnose the problem and I noticed that both my bluetooth and wireless device have the same MAC address (see the image below).

bluetooth.jpg

Even though I found something I still don't have a clue about how to proceed to make the bluetooth work. Can someone help me?

Kind Regards!

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized the last character is different in both mac addresses but the bluetooth still doesn't work.

Last edited by Silex89 (2014-01-21 20:01:29)

"The way your heart sounds makes all the difference" John Myung

I love Dream Theater! ImL
Best Guitar Solo Ever

Board footer