You are not logged in.

#76 2013-08-20 15:26:04

lykaner

Re: KeePassC: A KeePassX compatible password manager with curses-interface

A release with minor bug fixes and little performance tweaks is out (v.1.6.1). I also updated the help menu (move mode was not mentioned) and move mode has an own help menu.

#77 2013-12-30 22:34:06

lykaner

Remark: Due to a bug in python-kppy (not security related and fixed in newest version, see https://github.com/raymontag/kppy/pull/9 ) I was pointed to a bug in KeePassX. Therefore it is not possible to decrypt a database created by KeePassX with a 64B-keyfile with KeePassC. Howevern, was the database encrypted with the reference implementation KeePass 1.26 for Windows it is possible to use a 64B-keyfile.

#78 2014-01-17 19:46:44

lykaner

Implemented default expiration dates (in development branch available through keepassc-dev).

#79 2014-01-26 12:39:14

lykaner

x-scrolling in the one-line editor works now, too. Moreover automatic linebreaks in the comment editor are implemented. Currently this functionality can be found in the development branch (keepassc-dev)

#80 2014-01-26 14:24:48

zeltak

hya lykaner

how are you? any news on the v2 dataset support?

best of wishes

Z

#81 2014-01-27 13:17:53

lykaner

As many people complained about the naming of the development package I upload it again to keepassc-git from now on. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Moreover I implemented the use of the editor for the direct filepath input incl. tab completion. It can be found in the development-package.

@zeltak: I've started the development for v2 support in a local branch but it's not very matured at this time.

#82 2015-01-06 09:01:36

lykaner

Hey guys,

I just want to inform you that I merged the last changes I did in development branch with the master branch. Hence I uploaded a new version to the AUR. Moreover I want to say that I will not actively add new features to KeePassC as I reimplement it in Rust at the moment. This should not harm you to send me bug reports or using KeePassC as it is stable and nearly feature-complete.

There are two reasons for this decision: 1. The code smells, i.e. there are weird constructs due to lack of knowledge about some details of Python I didn't know and expirience. A refactoring would be to time intensive. 2. I came to the conclusion that Python is not the right language for this kind of project as you have not all the possibilities to control memory and such things as in e.g. C. After I've written a first prototype of a library for the KeePass-format in C someone showed me Rust and it seems to be the language I searched for such a project a long time. So I started the development of a Rust module. The development for the library will be not very fast as I want to take care of security roughly speaking. However I'm already able to read databases in Rust. Also I plan to add the long requested support for v2 of the file format.

I'll inform you here when KeePassC v2 is ready smile

#83 2015-01-07 06:30:28

zeltak

Thx so much for the updates

ive been waiting so long for V2 databases, im very excited towards this

best

Z

#84 2015-01-07 17:20:00

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

^^ Keep up the good work smile

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

Board footer