You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-01 02:14:31

chriswantstocode

Cannot boot Xen HVM guest (domU) Arch Linux installation - On a VPS

I've been working on trying to get an Arch Linux installation on my Xen HVM VPS. No matter what I do, I am absolutely not able to boot into Arch Linux. I follow the Installation Guide, and when I reboot my VPS, the bootloader loads, gives me the option to boot into Arch Linux or the fallback, and when I select it, it says:

Loading ../vmlinuz-linux... ok
Loading ../initramfs-linux.img... ok

Then Syslinux just reloads, and no errors are printed on the VNC console. If I try the fallback, it just hangs after the "Loading ../initramfs-fallback...". I installed Arch off the 2013.05.01-dual ISO that is on a virtual drive on my VPS. I've scoured the internet, this forum, and have even contacted my VPS providers support, but I've come up with nothing. Has anyone had similar issues?

VPS Provider: NFOServers

#2 2014-02-01 11:52:30

Spider.007

Re: Cannot boot Xen HVM guest (domU) Arch Linux installation - On a VPS

Did you try booting without the 'quiet' flag from grub? It might provide you with a bit more information

#3 2014-02-01 23:54:50

Yegorius

Re: Cannot boot Xen HVM guest (domU) Arch Linux installation - On a VPS

I confirm the same behaviour on my Xen HVM hosting (Colorhost). I suspect that the problem arose after another kernel upgrade, since I can boot Arch rescue CD image which is based on 3.6.8 kernel.

Board footer