You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-05 16:34:06

Jatra

Strange display/mouse action after suspending system

Repost this as it's own thread, got no answers for a while on other thread. I've been using Arch for a few weeks now, and this action has been there since i've used pm.

I'm using openbox and a desktop computer without any touchpad. After being suspended, my mouse somehow rules all of my desktop - whole screen is flattering, and moving mouse changes the size of the visible, flashing window. Moving cursor to the top of the screen "locks" the window, and everything except mouse cursor is perfectly normal. Cursor is waving and flashing bunch of pixels, from the right side of the screen to the current location of the mouse cursor. I can use the mouse, and cursor is in right location. Ctrl+Alt+F2 visiting to tty2 and coming back fixes the situation, so I can use computer just fine, but it's still quite uncomfortable. Sounds quite strange, I think?

#2 2014-02-05 17:43:50

MoonSwan

Re: Strange display/mouse action after suspending system

Hi Jatra, I don't know if this will help but it can't hurt to try it.

I very recently had my own cursor issue where my cursor, if hovered over certain apps while in snapwm (a tiling WM), would change into a giant X instead of my normal arrow head or I-beam cursor.  Moetunes (the developer of snapwm) told me to try this line in my .xinitrc:

xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr & 

Try that and if it doesn't work you can just delete it and try something else.  It may help if you posted any errors in the /var/log/X.#.log file (usually X.0.log), your .xinitrc and state exactly what you're using to suspend the machine (systemd? acpi script? tuxonice?).

We need more info if we're going to try to help you!

MS

Board footer