You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-15 16:35:56

Birdman

OOo extra fonts

For several years I have run the various iterations of OOo on many distros. I have now arrived at arch with OOo2. I have used the admin tool to use the truetype fonts on my WinXP partition using soft links and this works very well. However, if I copy the Fonts folder across to my linux partition and ensure that the permissions match those for the current OOo fonts folder, when I go into the admin tool and navigate to the new folder it does not list any fonts  :?  If have used this technique before (not with arch) and it has worked. The reason that I need this to work is that I am preping a new linux-only box for a friend and the soft-link method will not be an option. Any ideas?

#2 2006-01-23 16:23:23

scarecrow

Re: OOo extra fonts

The freely distributable MS fonts are readily available ( pacman -S ttf-ms-fonts ), and regarding your XP partition ones- may I ask which admin tool you're referring to?

Microshaft delenda est

#3 2006-01-23 22:19:21

Birdman

scarecrow wrote:

The freely distributable MS fonts are readily available ( pacman -S ttf-ms-fonts ), and regarding your XP partition ones- may I ask which admin tool you're referring to?

I was refering to spadmin - the tool that lets you setup your printer and fonts.

Thanks for the fonts tip - I'll give that a go  smile

#4 2006-01-24 02:14:13

acetylcholine
Website

maybe i am missing the point here but

you could cp the fonts from the windows partition or where ever to say ~/.fonts
and then add ~/.fonts to your font paths in xorg.conf

i've done it forever and they show up

Board footer