You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-19 00:43:00

kiwiblaster516

Natural Selection 2 (Steam) issues.

This problem has been bugging me recently.  I installed Natural Selection 2 through Steam and attempted to run the game.  It would not start from the Steam, so I tried to start it through terminal to determine the issue.

It presented me with this error:

error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I saw here that I should install the lib32-gconf package from the AUR.  Of course, this presented some issues considering the amount of unofficial dependencies that the package had, though I eventually did get the package installed.  However, this lead to another error involving the udev library.  I tried re-creating the symbolic link (as was suggested on almost every other website that I could find as a fix for this issue, though I am dubious), but was met with the same error upon attempting to rerun the program.

I eventually uninstalled the 32bit gconf library to get a fresh start on the issue.  And so, I am now here.  I did try to enter the steam beta client, but this did not solve the issue either.

A bit about my system:
- Archlinux (*obviously*) x64
- GNOME 3 Desktop Environment
- Using AMD 14.1 BETA drivers for my AMD HD 6670 graphics card (I do not recommend AMD on Arch Linux, though this is an issue for another time)

What do you guys think I should do?  I'm sure that I'm missing something pretty basic, but am at a loss as to what that might be...

#2 2014-02-19 10:49:23

Rexilion

Re: Natural Selection 2 (Steam) issues.

What's the udev error? Kind of curious as what a game has to do with udev :S .

fs/super.c : "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n",

#3 2014-02-19 11:07:50

rexineffect

Here is a guy that got the same errors and fixed it on his arch linux install. He said the game is looking for the 32 bit versions of the udev and you need to install the multilib versions of it if you dont have them already installed. Here is the forum. If you get this installed and working I'm following you right behind! I love NS2 and currently dual-boot to play that and CSGO.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discuss … -at-launch

Good luck man, and you might get more help on the unknownworlds forums.

#4 2014-02-19 22:58:55

kiwiblaster516

Rexilion wrote:

What's the udev error? Kind of curious as what a game has to do with udev :S .

[kiwi@navi ~]$ '/home/kiwi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2_linux32' 
/home/kiwi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2_linux32: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm not entirely sure, either.

[edit 001]

I linked udev into the Natural Selection directory and it seemed to read from it, though it gave the error:

[kiwi@navi Natural Selection 2]$ '/home/kiwi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2_linux32' 
/home/kiwi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2_linux32: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

[edit 002]

I had liked the 64 bit udev into the NS2 folder rather than the 32 bit one.  After altering this, it gave me several issues related to missing libraries.  I installed each of them until coming upon an error with libgcrypt:

[kiwi@navi Natural Selection 2]$ ./ns2_linux32
./ns2_linux32: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Despite both having these libraries installed (64 and 32 bit version) and having linked them directly into the NS2 directory, the error persists.

[edit 003]
Christ, this is taking way too much effort to get working.
So, I installed lib32-libgcrypt15 from the AUR and have finally gotten past the list of other libraries this thing needs.  I am now at the point where the game just segmentation faults upon attempting to run it:

[kiwi@navi Natural Selection 2]$ ./ns2_linux32
GetInstanceCount currently unimplemented
Build 263
Arch Linux x86_64
/home/kiwi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Natural Selection 2/system/awesomium/awesomium_process: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(Awesomium:9202): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(Awesomium:9202): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
[0219/190048:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(239)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4920
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198035759585 [API loaded no]
Steam initialized
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Last edited by kiwiblaster516 (2014-02-20 00:06:45)

#5 2014-02-20 01:11:26

rexineffect

Yea I have no idea about that error, glad to hear the 32 bit thing worked for the udev error. I would check with the guy who got it working on my last post, hes 64bit arch install, bet he went through all of it.

Board footer