You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-18 11:31:04

calef13

Arch freezes randomly when android device connected to adb

Hi,

I recently started doing some Android dev on my pc after performing a huge upgrade where I hadn't done pacman -Syu for 3+ months.

Everything is working fine, however when I connect my phone via usb to use it in eclipse for debugging, my pc will randomly hang for 3-5 seconds, then it will unfreeze for 2-3 seconds, then it will freeze again for 3-5 seconds, after which my mouse is totally non-responsive but the keyboard and the whole OS seems to be fine. Rebooting solves the issue but obvious this is not ideal. Can anyone give me any tips on logfiles I should be looking at to determine the cause of this freezing? Or point me to a possible solution. Google hasn't been helpful.

Thanks in advance,

#2 2014-02-20 16:07:53

Rexilion

Re: Arch freezes randomly when android device connected to adb

Reproduce the issue, reboot cleanly.

Provide the output of:

journalctl -b -1 -k
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old

Also try to use:

udevadm monitor --kernel

Pipe it to some file or over netcat if it provides interesting info. It might be flooding your Xorg, then post it. If everything looks okay, then there is no need.

fs/super.c : "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n",

#3 2014-02-20 17:11:40

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Arch freezes randomly when android device connected to adb

I've never had any issues.
What flavor Android are you using?
What does the system do if you disable USB debugging on the phone?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer