You are not logged in.

#176 2014-02-12 10:58:22

orschiro
Website

Re: Pantheon Shell on Archlinux

Well, that should actually be icon-set-independent I hope. I am using elementary-xfce-icons-git.

Do you mind filing the bug report upstream? You know probably more about the details than I do.  wink

As for contractor, maybe worth making that a (optional) dependency of pantheon-files?

#177 2014-02-12 11:01:35

Alucryd
Developer
Website

orschiro wrote:

Well, that should actually be icon-set-independent I hope. I am using elementary-xfce-icons-git.

Do you mind filing the bug report upstream? You know probably more about the details than I do.  wink

As for contractor, maybe worth making that a (optional) dependency of pantheon-files?

I'll file the bug report asap. As for pantheon-files, I'll add it to optdepends, I also hope to gain ownership of the remaining pantheon package on AUR so that everything fits together.

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

#178 2014-02-12 20:22:28

orschiro
Website

Another question regarding pantheon-files.

Is it just me or is it currently not possible to create bookmarks for remote locations such as ftp or sshfs?

#179 2014-02-13 16:54:55

sh4nks
Website

orschiro wrote:

Another question regarding pantheon-files.

Is it just me or is it currently not possible to create bookmarks for remote locations such as ftp or sshfs?

How do you create normal bookmarks? I can't find it.

#180 2014-02-13 21:32:43

orschiro
Website

@sh4nks

You are absolutely right. Not even normal bookmarking is possible! What the hell? This is a basic file manager functionality.

Yet at least it is able to display bookmarks that I created with other file managers:

6VDW9mv.png

Thus as a workaround we can for now create bookmarks in another file manager.

#181 2014-02-13 22:43:26

eddyw

orschiro wrote:

@Alucryd

Thanks and resolved! smile

I will add this information to the wiki.

Another minor thing. Does anyone know how I can make Pantheon Files use dark icons instead of white?

http://i.imgur.com/1p4bJ1M.png

I mentioned this before.
You can get it by adding the following line to "gtk-widgets.css" or "granite-widgets.css" to your theme.

GtkToolItem { color: @text_color; }

(Elementary GTK Theme)
ojr0v9.png
I believe this is a pantheon-files' problem because noise, for example, uses dark icons.

#182 2014-02-14 07:17:27

orschiro
Website

@eddyw

Thanks for the hint! Added the information to the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … path_icons

#183 2014-02-14 15:36:10

sb56637

Impressive work on this project! Kudos to all the developers. So what is the current status of Pantheon on Arch? How well does it work when installed from the Pantheon repo? What are the biggest bugs so far? I'm definitely keeping an eye on this project.

#184 2014-02-14 20:07:36

sh4nks
Website

orschiro wrote:

@sh4nks

You are absolutely right. Not even normal bookmarking is possible! What the hell? This is a basic file manager functionality.

Yet at least it is able to display bookmarks that I created with other file managers:

http://i.imgur.com/6VDW9mv.png

Thus as a workaround we can for now create bookmarks in another file manager.

Ah thanks, I figured out another way to create bookmarks, just drop your folder somewhere between the user dirs (in the "Personal" category).

Edit: I just tried to add a remote connection (ssh) to the "bookmarks" and that also doesn't work for me.

Last edited by sh4nks (2014-02-14 20:10:19)

#185 2014-02-14 21:14:51

Kubino

holahola wrote:
Kubino wrote:

Which theme do you use? smile I'm finding some dark theme but Numix and "gtk-theme-winter-mint" don't look like they should. I'm using Evolve now but with all themes I have same problem that the super-wingpanel is not transparent. I'm using super-wingpanel instead of wingpanel because wingpanel doesn't run.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/819/qh8q.png

sorry, but what font do you use?

I have installed the package fontconfig-ubuntu from AUR, font is Droid Sans and Tinos, in Gnome-tweak-tool I set: window-title font: Droid Sans Bold 8, default font: Droid Sans 9, monospace font: Droid Sans Mono 10, document font: tinos 9, hint: Full, antialiasing: RGBA. In Firefox is default font Arimo 15. I'm sorry for late answer.

#186 2014-02-15 06:02:53

orschiro
Website

Can someone confirm glitches when renaming a folder or file in Pantheon Files?

PY33DJj.png

The old name remains visible whilst the new name is being displayed on top of it.

Last edited by orschiro (2014-02-15 06:05:54)

#187 2014-02-15 12:37:49

sh4nks
Website

orschiro wrote:

Can someone confirm glitches when renaming a folder or file in Pantheon Files?

http://i.imgur.com/PY33DJj.png

The old name remains visible whilst the new name is being displayed on top of it.

Can confirm, but that only happens when I'm using the "Folder" (the first one) view.

#188 2014-02-15 12:47:30

orschiro
Website

eddyw wrote:
orschiro wrote:

@Alucryd

Thanks and resolved! smile

I will add this information to the wiki.

Another minor thing. Does anyone know how I can make Pantheon Files use dark icons instead of white?

http://i.imgur.com/1p4bJ1M.png

I mentioned this before.
You can get it by adding the following line to "gtk-widgets.css" or "granite-widgets.css" to your theme.

GtkToolItem { color: @text_color; }

(Elementary GTK Theme)
http://i60.tinypic.com/ojr0v9.png
I believe this is a pantheon-files' problem because noise, for example, uses dark icons.

@eddyw

I added GtkToolItem to a newly created file ~/.themes/elementary/gtk-3.0/gtk-widgets.css. However, still white icons. Did you change something else?

How did you install elementary-gtk - locally or in /usr/share?

@sh4nk

Thanks for confirming. Definitely worth a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pantheon-files/+bug/1280577

#189 2014-02-15 22:33:39

eddyw

orschiro wrote:

@eddyw

I added GtkToolItem to a newly created file ~/.themes/elementary/gtk-3.0/gtk-widgets.css. However, still white icons. Did you change something else?

How did you install elementary-gtk - locally or in /usr/share?

@sh4nk

Thanks for confirming. Definitely worth a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pantheon-files/+bug/1280577

It's installed in "/usr/share/themes" by default (using the repo), but I've got a copy of it locally.
In any case, you should modify the existing file (widgets.css or granite-widgets.css) of the theme you're currently using.

Gtk2 theme is inconsistent with Gtk3, why?, Do they want to make it gtk3 apps only?
Anyway, I modified the colour-scheme of elementary-os-gtk2 theme ("../elementary/gtk-2.0/gtkrc" file) to make it look similar to the gtk3 theme.
If anybody wants to do so, here it is:

gtk_color_scheme	= "bg_color:#dedede\nselected_bg_color:#3d9bda\nbase_color:#FFF"	# Background, base
gtk_color_scheme	= "fg_color:#323232\nselected_fg_color:#FFF\ntext_color:#323232"	# Foreground, text
gtk_color_scheme 	= "sidebar_color:#DEDEDE"                                           # Custom colors
gtk_color_scheme	= "tooltip_bg_color:#dedede\ntooltip_fg_color:#000"                    # Tooltips
gtk_color_scheme	= "link_color:#08C"                                                 # Hyperlinks
gtk_color_scheme	= "frame_color:#8a9580\ninactive_frame_color:#c7ccc1"               # Fix for Chrome
gtk_color_scheme	= "bg_color_dark:#f8f8f8\ntext_color_dark:#323232\ntext_color_dark_selected:#FFF"                     # Dark colors - NO MORE DARKS
gtk_color_scheme	= "widget_color:#EAEAEA"

Change this line

border_shades		    = { 1.15, 0.85 }

to this one

border_shades		    = { 2.80, 2.20 }

Last edited by eddyw (2014-02-15 22:35:21)

#190 2014-02-16 07:24:45

orschiro
Website

@eddyw

Thanks for your modification. Very nice! Any good idea how to keep these local modifications synchronised with future changes to the package in /usr/share/themes?

Furthermore, can you confirm some of these GTK issues?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/egtk/+bug/1280564

@Alucryd

I cannot run pantheon-terminal:

~ ❯ pantheon-terminal 
pantheon-terminal: error while loading shared libraries: libgranite.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
l /usr/lib/libgranite.so                                                                                                                                                      ⏎
libgranite.so@        libgranite.so.2@      libgranite.so.2.0.1*
granite-bzr r688-1

Can it be that the latest granite-trunk conflicts with Pantheon Terminal?

#191 2014-02-16 10:54:57

sh4nks
Website

@orschiro, The bzr version from pantheon-terminal works for me. I have just installed it.

$ l /usr/lib/libgranite.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 14-02-2014 00:07 /usr/lib/libgranite.so -> libgranite.so.2
$ pacman -Qi granite-bzr
Name           : granite-bzr
Version        : r688-1
Description    : An extension of GTK+ libraries
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : https://launchpad.net/granite
Licences       : LGPL3
Groups         : None
Provides       : granite
Depends On     : gtk3  libgee06
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : gala-bzr  pantheon-files-bzr  pantheon-terminal-bzr
                 slingshot-launcher-bzr  switchboard-bzr  wingpanel-bzr
Optional For   : None
Conflicts With : granite
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 1324.00 KiB
Packager       : Unknown Packager
Build Date     : Fri 14 Feb 2014 00:07:27 CET
Install Date   : Fri 14 Feb 2014 13:30:43 CET
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script : Yes
Validated By   : SHA256 Sum

#192 2014-02-16 18:11:08

Kubino

I have installed Pantheon terminal from community repo and I can't open new tab(s) so I can use only one tab (when I need next tab, I must open new window). Has anyone same issue?

#193 2014-02-16 20:03:46

eddyw

orschiro wrote:

@eddyw

Thanks for your modification. Very nice! Any good idea how to keep these local modifications synchronised with future changes to the package in /usr/share/themes?

Furthermore, can you confirm some of these GTK issues?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/egtk/+bug/1280564

I think you would have to make a copy of it every time there is a new release of the package. After all, those modifications should be temporal. hmm

Confirmed, I have the same issues, except for this one: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/16634593 … -files.png

I filled a new bug report,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/egtk/+bug/1280863
Do you have the same issue?

#194 2014-02-16 20:19:19

orschiro
Website

@eddyw

Yes. I face the same issue with menu item shadows but thought it is related to compton compositing shadows. Good to know it's not!

Hopefully we can wipe out all the glitches through extensive bug reporting. smile

Last edited by orschiro (2014-02-16 20:19:42)

#195 2014-02-18 15:12:32

gimmy

Hi,
I have several problems with the current pantheon-session-bzr, particularly gala and other projects (like plank) gives this error:

plank: error while loading shared libraries: libbamf3.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

Infact this library is actually missing. (And to launch gala I use "mutter --replace", and I see some gala effects - for example maximizing windows, but nothing more. No exposé windows, no workspace effect).

Besides it is not possbile to change wallpaper, windows decorations are those of gnome-flashback session, etc.

I would understand if these are my problem or this is the effective state of the project in Arch.

Thanks!

Last edited by gimmy (2014-02-18 15:13:50)

#196 2014-02-20 09:44:10

Alucryd
Developer
Website

Sorry about the late answer guys, forums seem to have decided I shouldn't receive mail updates anymore sad I'll try to cover everything tongue

eddyw: Thx for the white icons fix.

orschiro:
- You can't run pantheon-terminal with granite-bzr, granite and granite-bzr currently have different sonames. Either use all bzr versions or all stable ones.
- I'm not affected by the rename glitch, old text disappears when I start typing new text.
- Thx for putting the fix for the white icons in the wiki.

I've added a "Known Issues" section on the wiki page (having a Known issues and a Troubleshooting may seem redundant though, if you find it is, feel free to kill one of the 2), please list anything you notice in there as well as the associated bug report and/or fix if any. Don't hesitate to create bug reports on Launchpad if there isn't, the elementary devs may not prioritize other distros but they don't ignore the reports, they've fixed most issues I've reported to them, so kudos to them.

gimmy:
- Well the error message is clear, you removed bamf, don't do that.
- As for hot corners, whatever I put on the bottom corners works, it seems to be only the top corners that don't work. Top corners fully worked at some point, dunno what changed. I still don't know if it's a gala or wingpanel problem so I haven't gotten around filing a bug report for that yet.
- Finally, the wiki mentions you need to use gnome-tweak-tool to tweak your appearance. FYI, even on elementaryOS you need to use gnome-tweak-tool to do that.

Edit: I have patched the power plug, it won't crash anymore. It was trying to access a deprecated gsettings controling what to do when you close your laptop's lid. This is handled by logind on Arch Linux.

Last edited by Alucryd (2014-02-20 10:55:48)

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

#197 2014-02-20 18:57:21

orschiro
Website

@Alucryd

Kudos to your for your dedication to Pantheon on Arch!

#198 2014-02-21 00:03:10

Lockheed

Kubino wrote:

Which theme do you use? smile I'm finding some dark theme but Numix and "gtk-theme-winter-mint" don't look like they should. I'm using Evolve now but with all themes I have same problem that the super-wingpanel is not transparent. I'm using super-wingpanel instead of wingpanel because wingpanel doesn't run.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/819/qh8q.png

How do I get pantheon to look anything like that? I was fighting with it for two hours but it still is damn ugly - the wingpanel is transparent no matter what theme I use, there is no tray, and there is absolutely no way to configure anything on the wingpanel. I tried super-wingpanel and versions with -bzr, but it is all the same.

#199 2014-02-23 17:32:39

gimmy

Alucryd wrote:

gimmy:
- Well the error message is clear, you removed bamf, don't do that.
- As for hot corners, whatever I put on the bottom corners works, it seems to be only the top corners that don't work. Top corners fully
worked at some point, dunno what changed. I still don't know if it's a gala or wingpanel problem so I haven't gotten around filing a bug
report for that yet.
- Finally, the wiki mentions you need to use gnome-tweak-tool to tweak your appearance. FYI, even on elementaryOS you need to use
gnome-tweak-tool to do that.

Oh, very well! I didn't remove bamf, I never install it! I use to have bamf-bin (in conflict with bamf). Maybe put bamf in the dependencies
could help?
Now all seems works fine! (except hot corners). Thanks!

PS: a bad bug: gala crashs when I select a window in another workspace in the exposé view (this did not happens in elementary os). Add it to Known Issues?

#200 2014-02-24 07:59:33

orschiro
Website

@Alucryd

Do you want to take maintenance over the Elementary OS Twitter Client birdie?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/birdie-bzr/

Board footer