You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-04 00:10:49

zSpider86

How to install Dofus on Arch Linux 64

Hey everyone! I am running Arch Linux 64-bit with E18 (enlightenment). I am trying to install Dofus (mmorpg game) but I am running into multiple issues. If anyone is willing to guide me through how I can fully install it and get it working that would be awesome! I tried yaourt but it would return errors while making the files and throw me into an infinite loop as it gets mad and tries to rebuild the file where the error occurs. I tried to install it directly from source from the tarball on the AUR, I did the ./configure and the game built and everything, but when I run the game through the launcher, the launcher doesn't open and I get 3 '?' signs with a diamond appear in the terminal on the next line. When I try to run the game directly, it gets stuck on the loading page at 63% with the red dofus loading symbol.

Any help is greatly appreciated ... just gave arch linux a try after using FreeBSD/Debian for my whole life, never had any issues on FreeBSD or Debian, but apparently arch is a whole different story.

Cheers,
~ zSpider86

#2 2014-03-04 00:12:26

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: How to install Dofus on Arch Linux 64

zSpider86 wrote:

I am running Arch Linux 64-bit with E18 (enlightenment).

You told us last week you were running Bridge: which is it?

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2014-03-04 00:20:04

zSpider86

I am running Arch Linux 64 bit, I considered bridge at first after recieving an email from someone persuading me to get it. But after I installed and booted it up, I found out its nothing like what I was looking for. I wanted more of the "inside the box" experience, but it was plain and simple like ubuntu or something relative. So I gave arch another try and installed the latest release, and set up dhcp first which got my ethernet working, went through the installation then installed the wireless drivers.. and here I am.

Sorry for any confusion that my responses may have caused you,

Regards,
~ zSpider86

#4 2014-03-04 00:29:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

OK. Please paste the errors.

#5 2014-03-04 00:42:07

zSpider86

Well there weren't exactly any errors at all visibly. Its just that the game didn't start as it was supposed to. What I am asking in this thread is -- can you please link me to a guide of how to properly install Adobe AIR on 64 bit arch linux + get Dofus to work with it as well. And I can post back my results from that since I don't exactly have any errors to post at the moment.

But if you insist, what I have I tried so far is this...

[bugtrack@127.0.0.1 ~]$ yaourt dofus
1 aur/ankama-transition 3.7.20131013-1 [installed] (3)
    Updater for Ankama games Dofus and Wakfu
2 aur/dofus 2.17.0-3 (39)
    A manga inspired, Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (MMORPG) 
    for Adobe AIR .
3 aur/dofus-beta 2.15.0-2 [installed] (4)
    for Adobe AIR (beta version).
4 aur/dofus-transition 2.14.0-1 (0)
    for Adobe AIR (beta version).
5 aur/dofus-uplauncher 2.11.0-1 (0)
    for Adobe AIR.
==> Enter n of packages to be installed (ex: 1 2 3 or 1-3)
==> --------------------------------------------------------
==> 2

Then during the installation the errors occur when it gets to this package:

lib32-webkitgtk2

There are just dones of make errors flying down the screen and it causes them to loop and never ends...

So really what I mean to ask is, is there anyway I can circumvent the installation of this file?

==> dofus dependencies:
 - ankama-transition>=3.5-6 (already installed)
 - adobe-air-sdk (already installed)
 - lib32-gtk2 (already installed)
 - lib32-libxml2 (already installed)
 - lib32-nss (already installed)
 - lib32-alsa-lib (already installed)
 - lib32-webkitgtk2 (building from AUR)

^ lib32-webkitgtk2 or install it another way because clearly dofus needs it, but it causes errors during installation.

Also, I don't know what happens here, but this is the part in the terminal of the installation of lib32-webkitgtk2 where it starts to break and loops over and over again...

CXX    Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/libjavascriptcoregtk_1_0_la-WriteBarrierSupport.lo
  CXX    Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/libjavascriptcoregtk_1_0_la-DebuggerActivation.lo
In file included from ./Source/WTF/wtf/PossiblyNull.h:29:0,
                 from ./Source/WTF/wtf/FastMalloc.h:25,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/config.h:69,
                 from Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.cpp:26:
./Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h: In function 'TO WTF::bitwise_cast(FROM)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyWTF_bitwise_cast_sizeof_casted_types_is_equal' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
 #define COMPILE_ASSERT(exp, name) typedef int dummy##name [(exp) ? 1 : -1]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h:134:5: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
     COMPILE_ASSERT(sizeof(TO) == sizeof(FROM), WTF_bitwise_cast_sizeof_casted_types_is_equal);
     ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h: In function 'size_t WTF::roundUpToMultipleOf(size_t)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummydivisor_is_a_power_of_two' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h:175:5: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
     COMPILE_ASSERT(divisor && !(divisor & (divisor - 1)), divisor_is_a_power_of_two);
     ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::OwnPtr<T>::operator==(const WTF::OwnPtr<U>&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyOwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h:83:66: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator==(const OwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                  ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::OwnPtr<T>::operator!=(const WTF::OwnPtr<U>&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyOwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h:84:66: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator!=(const OwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                  ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::OwnPtr<T>::operator==(const WTF::PassOwnPtr<U>&)':
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h:85:70: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator==(const PassOwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                      ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::OwnPtr<T>::operator!=(const WTF::PassOwnPtr<U>&)':
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/OwnPtr.h:86:70: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator!=(const PassOwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                      ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassRefPtr.h: In member function 'WTF::PassRefPtr<T>& WTF::PassRefPtr<T>::operator=(const WTF::PassRefPtr<T>&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyPassRefPtr_should_never_be_assigned_to' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassRefPtr.h:84:52: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         PassRefPtr& operator=(const PassRefPtr&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(T*), PassRefPtr_should_never_be_assigned_to); return *this; }
                                                    ^
In file included from ./Source/WTF/wtf/MetaAllocator.h:33:0,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/jit/ExecutableAllocator.h:33,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/assembler/MacroAssemblerCodeRef.h:30,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/AbstractPC.h:29,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/CallFrame.h:26,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/ArgList.h:25,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSObject.h:26,
                 from Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.h:29,
                 from Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.cpp:27:
./Source/WTF/wtf/HashMap.h: At global scope:
./Source/WTF/wtf/HashMap.h:137:42: warning: invalid use of incomplete type 'class WTF::HashMap<KeyArg, MappedArg, HashArg, KeyTraitsArg, MappedTraitsArg>' [enabled by default]
         class HashMapKeysProxy : private HashMap {
                                          ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/HashMap.h:43:11: warning: declaration of 'class WTF::HashMap<KeyArg, MappedArg, HashArg, KeyTraitsArg, MappedTraitsArg>' [enabled by default]
     class HashMap {
           ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/HashMap.h:172:44: warning: invalid use of incomplete type 'class WTF::HashMap<KeyArg, MappedArg, HashArg, KeyTraitsArg, MappedTraitsArg>' [enabled by default]
         class HashMapValuesProxy : private HashMap {
                                            ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/HashMap.h:43:11: warning: declaration of 'class WTF::HashMap<KeyArg, MappedArg, HashArg, KeyTraitsArg, MappedTraitsArg>' [enabled by default]
     class HashMap {
           ^
In file included from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/jit/ExecutableAllocator.h:38:0,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/assembler/MacroAssemblerCodeRef.h:30,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/AbstractPC.h:29,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/interpreter/CallFrame.h:26,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/ArgList.h:25,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSObject.h:26,
                 from Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.h:29,
                 from Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.cpp:27:
./Source/WTF/wtf/Vector.h:637:44: warning: invalid use of incomplete type 'class WTF::Vector<T, inlineCapacity>' [enabled by default]
         class VectorReverseProxy : private Vector {
                                            ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/Vector.h:478:11: warning: declaration of 'class WTF::Vector<T, inlineCapacity>' [enabled by default]
     class Vector {
           ^
In file included from ./Source/WTF/wtf/PossiblyNull.h:29:0,
                 from ./Source/WTF/wtf/FastMalloc.h:25,
                 from ./Source/JavaScriptCore/config.h:69,
                 from Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.cpp:26:
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnArrayPtr.h: In member function 'WTF::PassOwnArrayPtr<T>& WTF::PassOwnArrayPtr<T>::operator=(const WTF::PassOwnArrayPtr<T>&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyPassOwnArrayPtr_should_never_be_assigned_to' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnArrayPtr.h:68:58: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
     PassOwnArrayPtr& operator=(const PassOwnArrayPtr&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(T*), PassOwnArrayPtr_should_never_be_assigned_to); return *this; }
                                                          ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/StringHasher.h: In static member function 'static unsigned int WTF::StringHasher::hashMemory(const void*)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummylength_must_be_a_multible_of_four' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/StringHasher.h:194:9: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         COMPILE_ASSERT(!(length % 4), length_must_be_a_multible_of_four);
         ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/text/StringImpl.h: In static member function 'static WTF::PassRefPtr<WTF::StringImpl> WTF::StringImpl::createFromLiteral(const char (&)[charactersCount])':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyStringImplFromLiteralNotEmpty' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/text/StringImpl.h:306:9: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         COMPILE_ASSERT(charactersCount > 1, StringImplFromLiteralNotEmpty);
         ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyStringImplFromLiteralCannotOverflow' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/text/StringImpl.h:307:9: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         COMPILE_ASSERT((charactersCount - 1 <= ((unsigned(~0) - sizeof(StringImpl)) / sizeof(LChar))), StringImplFromLiteralCannotOverflow);
         ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/text/AtomicString.h: In constructor 'WTF::AtomicString::AtomicString(const char (&)[charactersCount], WTF::AtomicString::ConstructFromLiteralTag)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyAtomicStringFromLiteralNotEmpty' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/text/AtomicString.h:64:9: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         COMPILE_ASSERT(charactersCount > 1, AtomicStringFromLiteralNotEmpty);
         ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyAtomicStringFromLiteralCannotOverflow' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/text/AtomicString.h:65:9: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         COMPILE_ASSERT((charactersCount - 1 <= ((unsigned(~0) - sizeof(StringImpl)) / sizeof(LChar))), AtomicStringFromLiteralCannotOverflow);
         ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h: In member function 'WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>& WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>::operator=(const WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyPassOwnPtr_should_never_be_assigned_to' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h:71:52: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         PassOwnPtr& operator=(const PassOwnPtr&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(T*), PassOwnPtr_should_never_be_assigned_to); return *this; }
                                                    ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>::operator==(const WTF::PassOwnPtr<U>&)':
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h:80:70: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator==(const PassOwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                      ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>::operator!=(const WTF::PassOwnPtr<U>&)':
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h:81:70: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator!=(const PassOwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                      ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>::operator==(const WTF::OwnPtr<U>&)':
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h:82:66: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator==(const OwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                  ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h: In member function 'bool WTF::PassOwnPtr<T>::operator!=(const WTF::OwnPtr<U>&)':
                                               ^
./Source/WTF/wtf/PassOwnPtr.h:83:66: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
         template<typename U> bool operator!=(const OwnPtr<U>&) { COMPILE_ASSERT(!sizeof(U*), OwnPtrs_should_never_be_equal); return false; }
                                                                  ^
./Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSVariableObject.h: In member function 'void JSC::JSVariableObject::finishCreation(JSC::JSGlobalData&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyRegister_should_be_same_size_as_WriteBarrier' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
./Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSVariableObject.h:70:13: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
             COMPILE_ASSERT(sizeof(WriteBarrier<Unknown>) == sizeof(Register), Register_should_be_same_size_as_WriteBarrier);
             ^
Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.cpp: In static member function 'static void JSC::DebuggerActivation::visitChildren(JSC::JSCell*, JSC::SlotVisitor&)':
./Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:331:47: warning: typedef 'dummyOverridesVisitChildrenWithoutSettingFlag' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
                                               ^
Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/DebuggerActivation.cpp:54:5: note: in expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
     COMPILE_ASSERT(StructureFlags & OverridesVisitChildren, OverridesVisitChildrenWithoutSettingFlag);
     ^
  CXX    Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/libjavascriptcoregtk_1_0_la-DebuggerCallFrame.lo
^CGNUmakefile:69688: recipe for target 'Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/libjavascriptcoregtk_1_0_la-DebuggerCallFrame.lo' failed
make[1]: *** [Source/JavaScriptCore/debugger/libjavascriptcoregtk_1_0_la-DebuggerCallFrame.lo] Interrupt
GNUmakefile:22796: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Interrupt

==> ERROR: Aborted by user! Exiting...

Last edited by zSpider86 (2014-03-04 01:57:35)

#6 2014-03-04 01:00:14

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Please use code tags when pasting to the boards: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … s_and_Code

#7 2014-03-04 01:04:37

zSpider86

Nonetheless, any suggestions for how I can actually install it?

#8 2014-03-04 01:10:07

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

#9 2014-03-04 01:55:40

zSpider86

I followed the steps in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Adobe_AIR

but when I run:

/opt/adobe-air-sdk/bin/adl -nodebug /opt/dofus/share/META-INF/AIR/application.xml /opt/dofus/bin/Dofus

the console reports:

[root@n3tw0rk opt]# /opt/adobe-air-sdk/bin/adl -nodebug /opt/dofus/share/META-INF/AIR/application.xml /opt/dofus/bin/Dofus 

(adl:9182): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(adl:9182): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
initial content not found

Last edited by zSpider86 (2014-03-04 01:56:42)

#10 2014-06-23 19:49:39

hagabaka

You can just remove 'lib32-webkitgtk2' from the depends= line in the PKGBUILD. I thought it was required for the in-game browser in the Ankabox and Ogrines window, but I just checked again and it's not. So I've removed the dependency.

Sorry that I didn't see the post until now. Next time in a similar situation, commenting on the AUR page is likely to get a faster reply.

Last edited by hagabaka (2014-06-23 20:07:05)

Board footer