Suddenly it works:-) I did some things but do not know how they changed anything. Maybe somebody knows how?
I tried to capture the dhcpcd start sequence using wireshark. I did not succeed.
Then I tried on the command line
But dhcpcd was already running (I assume started by wicd). So I killed it and tried again. It said 'iaid' is an unknown option. That made me try the new version (6.2.1) again because that is where the option is introduced. And suddenly it worked! Even after reboot everything is fine now. Could it be something about lease times which I think are pretty long here (24h?).
I'm happy that it works now. Thank you, Roy, for your patience!
But I sure would like to know what made the difference so that there is a solution for others to follow...
Last edited by nocreativity (2014-02-21 22:42:45)
I had downgraded dhcpcd to version 6.1.0-1 for the past weeks but checking this thread today and seeing it marked as 'solved' I decided to give it a try and upgrade again to 6.2.1-1. And indeed the problem has disappeared! I would guess it has to do with the kernel or some related package having been upgraded in the meantime.
Last edited by zilverling (2014-03-04 08:44:26)
Hm. That's weird. I had internet connection with dhcpcp 6.2.1-1, as proven by the above message which was sent with that version running. But then after a few minutes I suddenly lost internet connection and I had to downgrade to restore internet connection. So on my system there still seems to be a problem related to dhcpcp 6.2.1-1. I will do troubleshooting and start a new thread, as my problem is not related to wicd or wifi but happening with a normal ethernet connection.
Last edited by zilverling (2014-03-04 08:55:28)
OK Now solved the issue. Adding
to /etc/dhcpcd.conf (as suggested by @rsmarples) does the job for me.
Somehow I had overlooked that suggestion previously! Now I have to go and study what those lines actually do :-)