You are not logged in.

#51 2014-03-01 17:59:03

slackner

Re: pipelight - the new netflix-desktop replacement

Hi alexdw,

works well over here with Amazon Instant (Germany).

My settings:

• Pipelight 0.2.5, Wine-compholio 1.7.13

• Silverlight5.1

• User-Agent-Switcher for Firefox15 (as recommended in the FAQ)

• No wininet override

• No Tor/HttpsEverywhere/NoScript extension (only Adblocker + User-Agent-Switcher)

Works with all browsers I've tested with (Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, ...)

If it doesn't work in your case I would suggest to check that your settings match exactly the ones I've mentioned above, for example:

sudo pipelight-plugin --disable-all
pipelight-plugin --disable-all
rm ~/.config/wine-wininet-installer.accept-license
rm -rf ~/.wine-pipelight
# CLEAR YOUR COOKIES OR USE A SEPARATE BROWSER PROFILE!
sudo pipelight-plugin --enable silverlight5.1

If it doesn't work after these steps I would suggest to ask in #pipelight on Freenode.

Btw: If you're not sure if your wine compilation went well, you could also use our repository providing prebuilt packages for ArchLinux, see here for more details, or try it out with the LiveCD (alpha) which provides a clean environment for testing with most of the stuff preconfigured.

Sebastian

Last edited by slackner (2014-03-01 18:00:02)

#52 2014-03-02 09:17:35

alexdw

slackner wrote:

Hi alexdw,

works well over here with Amazon Instant (Germany).

My settings:

• Pipelight 0.2.5, Wine-compholio 1.7.13

• Silverlight5.1

• User-Agent-Switcher for Firefox15 (as recommended in the FAQ)

• No wininet override

• No Tor/HttpsEverywhere/NoScript extension (only Adblocker + User-Agent-Switcher)

Works with all browsers I've tested with (Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, ...)

If it doesn't work in your case I would suggest to check that your settings match exactly the ones I've mentioned above, for example:

sudo pipelight-plugin --disable-all
pipelight-plugin --disable-all
rm ~/.config/wine-wininet-installer.accept-license
rm -rf ~/.wine-pipelight
# CLEAR YOUR COOKIES OR USE A SEPARATE BROWSER PROFILE!
sudo pipelight-plugin --enable silverlight5.1

If it doesn't work after these steps I would suggest to ask in #pipelight on Freenode.

Btw: If you're not sure if your wine compilation went well, you could also use our repository providing prebuilt packages for ArchLinux, see here for more details, or try it out with the LiveCD (alpha) which provides a clean environment for testing with most of the stuff preconfigured.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your fast and detailed reply. With the help of your instructions I managed to get it working now - thanks again! smile

I didn't have "pipelight-plugin" and so realised I had a different version (pipelight-git instead of pipelight) - uninstalling pipelight-git, installing pipelight from the AUR then following your instructions worked (both Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video in the UK are now working).

One thing I have noticed though is that resizing the windows is a bit glitchy compared to before, but once resized/fullscreen the playback itself is fine.

#53 2014-03-02 22:43:23

alexdw

Having used this (pipelight from AUR) quite extensively today, it doesn't seem as stable as pipelight-git was - it's crashed a few times when initially loading a video with both Netflix and Amazon, though when the video does load it plays fine.

#54 2014-03-02 22:51:18

slackner

Not as stable? Pipelight and pipelight-git contain the same version, except that "pipelight" are the official releases, and "pipelight-git" is just the current upstream branch.

Since you didn't have the "pipelight-plugin" executable I assume that you used Pipelight < 0.2.0 until recently, without multi-plugin support and maybe even without GPU acceleration. The stability has increased a lot since then, the only well-known problem which can lead to crashes is when your graphic card drivers have problems.

I would suggest you to disable hardware acceleration, if this works better. Just run:

/usr/share/pipelight/scripts/configure-silverlight

and type "disable" and "abort".

Alternatively you can of course also fix the real issue by checking your graphic card drivers and/or updating them. The commandline output could be useful in some cases. If you create a log with the output I can take a look at it. Just run after closing all browser windows:

firefox &> pipelight.log

and upload/paste the log file here (also works with any other browser of course).

Sebastian

BTW: Also make sure that you're using an up-to-date version of wine-silverlight (current: 1.7.13)!

#55 2014-03-02 23:15:40

alexdw

slackner wrote:

Not as stable? Pipelight and pipelight-git contain the same version, except that "pipelight" are the official releases, and "pipelight-git" is just the current upstream branch.

Since you didn't have the "pipelight-plugin" executable I assume that you used Pipelight < 0.2.0 until recently, without multi-plugin support and maybe even without GPU acceleration. The stability has increased a lot since then, the only well-known problem which can lead to crashes is when your graphic card drivers have problems.

I would suggest you to disable hardware acceleration, if this works better. Just run:

/usr/share/pipelight/scripts/configure-silverlight

and type "disable" and "abort".

Alternatively you can of course also fix the real issue by checking your graphic card drivers and/or updating them. The commandline output could be useful in some cases. If you create a log with the output I can take a look at it. Just run after closing all browser windows:

firefox &> pipelight.log

and upload/paste the log file here (also works with any other browser of course).

Sebastian

BTW: Also make sure that you're using an up-to-date version of wine-silverlight (current: 1.7.13)!

Thank you for the detailed information; that all makes sense. smile

I'm guessing I wasn't using GPU acceleration, so I'll probably just disable it again. As for the graphics driver, I'm just using "xf86-video-intel" for the integrated Intel video card in my old Dell Inspiron 1525.

I'll try to get a log file for a case when it crashes but I quickly ran it just now (in this case going on Netflix and it worked first time) and this was the result:

(process:7060): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(firefox:7060): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(firefox:7060): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(firefox:7060): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(firefox:7060): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] attached to process.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] checking environment variable PIPELIGHT_SILVERLIGHT5_1_CONFIG.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] searching for config file pipelight-silverlight5.1.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/alexdw/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/etc/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] sandbox not found or not installed!
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] GPU driver check - Your driver is supported, hardware acceleration enabled.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using wine prefix directory /home/alexdw/.wine-pipelight/.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] checking plugin installation - this might take some time.
[install-dependency] wine-silverlight5.1-installer is already installed in '/home/alexdw/.wine-pipelight/'.
[install-dependency] wine-mpg2splt-installer is already installed in '/home/alexdw/.wine-pipelight/'.
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] embedded mode         is on.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] windowless mode       is off.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] linux windowless mode is off.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] force SetWindow       is off.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] unity hacks           is off.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] window class hook     is on.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function CreateWindowExA.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function CreateWindowExW.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function TrackPopupMenuEx.
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] replaced API function TrackPopupMenu.
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x2b1f87, 0x350118, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x67f6c8, (null), (null), 0x350118): stub
[PIPELIGHT:WIN:silverlight5.1] init successful!
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] checking environment variable PIPELIGHT_SILVERLIGHT5_1_CONFIG.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/alexdw/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/etc/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] GPU driver check - Your driver is supported, hardware acceleration enabled.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using wine prefix directory /home/alexdw/.wine-pipelight/.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] checking plugin installation - this might take some time.
[install-dependency] wine-silverlight5.1-installer is already installed in '/home/alexdw/.wine-pipelight/'.
[install-dependency] wine-mpg2splt-installer is already installed in '/home/alexdw/.wine-pipelight/'.
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x2c1f87, 0x360118, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x67f6c8, (null), (null), 0x360118): stub
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using timer based event handling.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] nppfunctions.c:436:NPP_New(): malformed argument 'PARAM' -> '(null)'
fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_R16G16_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_R16G16B16A16_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x67f308,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:advapi:CreateProcessAsUserW 0x114 L"C:\\Program Files\\Silverlight\\5.1.20913.0\\agcp.exe" L"agcp.exe 35 268" (nil) (nil) 1 0x00004000 (nil) (null) 0x67f368 0x67f358 - semi-stub
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:file:K32GetMappedFileNameW (0xffffffff, 0x4015f4, 0x50e1d4, 520): stub
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:urlmon:Uri_GetPropertyBSTR (0x1084190)->(6 0x67e154 4)
fixme:process:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber (0x67ebf0): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x67ebe0): stub
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e790, (nil) 0x67e788
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e800, (nil) 0x67e7f8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e784, (nil) 0x67e77c
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e9d0, (nil) 0x67e9c8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e9f8, (nil) 0x67e9f0
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e680, (nil) 0x67e678
fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67d5c8, (nil) 0x67d5c0
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e238, (nil) 0x67e230
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e590, (nil) 0x67e588
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e98c, (nil) 0x67e984
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e9fc, (nil) 0x67e9f4
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e980, (nil) 0x67e978
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e990, (nil) 0x67e988
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e968, (nil) 0x67e960
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67ee40, (nil) 0x67ee38
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67ee00, (nil) 0x67edf8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e7ac, (nil) 0x67e7a4
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x10015fbb, 0x1008c460, {00000000-7ac4-430a-94e4-b0dfd254650f}, 1, 0x8f6e028, (null), (null), 0x1008c468): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x76982f5, 0x78899c0, {00000000-7ac4-430a-94e4-b0dfd254650f}, 1, 0x8f6e338, (null), (null), 0x78899c8): stub
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl returning zero-filled buffer for IOCTL_VOLUME_GET_VOLUME_DISK_EXTENTS
fixme:advapi:GetCurrentHwProfileW (0x8f6e430)
err:pulse:pulse_contextcallback Context failed: Connection refused
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67edf0, (nil) 0x67ede8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67ed84, (nil) 0x67ed7c
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67ed5c, (nil) 0x67ed54
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] unscheduled event timer.
NOTE: child process received `Goodbye', closing down
fixme:advapi:UnregisterTraceGuids 0: stub
fixme:advapi:UnregisterTraceGuids 0: stub

PS: I had to install "wine-sliverlight" to install "pipelight" so I should have the latest versions now. I think I previously used "wine-compholio-bin" with "pipelight-git".

#56 2014-03-03 00:18:45

slackner

Hi,

the following messages look a bit unusual:

fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_R16G16_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.
fixme:d3d:check_fbo_compat Format WINED3DFMT_R16G16B16A16_UNORM with rendertarget flag is not supported as FBO color attachment, and no fallback specified.

but as you say it worked well, it doesn't seem to be critical. When it crashes the next time please attach a new log to this thread.

Nevertheless, if you don't necessary need GPU acceleration I wouldn't waste too much time with searching errors - a lot of problems are really weird and difficult to track down, and as Silverlight is closed source its not always easy to figure out where something goes wrong.

It could for example have to do with the embedding of the plugin window inside of the browser or the desktop environment you're using. You could for example check if it works better with embedding disabled (close all other browser windows first):

PIPELIGHT_EMBED=0 firefox

A second possibility is that there is a problem with the exact graphic driver or Xorg version you're using. For a lot of people that had errors before updating their drivers helped.

Sebastian

#57 2014-03-06 22:56:32

alexdw

slackner wrote:

Hi,

the following messages look a bit unusual:

but as you say it worked well, it doesn't seem to be critical. When it crashes the next time please attach a new log to this thread.

Nevertheless, if you don't necessary need GPU acceleration I wouldn't waste too much time with searching errors - a lot of problems are really weird and difficult to track down, and as Silverlight is closed source its not always easy to figure out where something goes wrong.

It could for example have to do with the embedding of the plugin window inside of the browser or the desktop environment you're using. You could for example check if it works better with embedding disabled (close all other browser windows first):

PIPELIGHT_EMBED=0 firefox

A second possibility is that there is a problem with the exact graphic driver or Xorg version you're using. For a lot of people that had errors before updating their drivers helped.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I've just captured a log file when it crashed (on Netflix, it played for a few seconds and then crashed my whole PC):

(process:15197): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(firefox:15197): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(firefox:15197): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(firefox:15197): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(firefox:15197): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x2b1f87, 0x350118, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x67f6c8, (null), (null), 0x350118): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x2c1f87, 0x360118, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x67f6c8, (null), (null), 0x360118): stub
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] nppfunctions.c:436:NPP_New(): malformed argument 'PARAM' -> '(null)'
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x67f308,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:advapi:CreateProcessAsUserW 0x114 L"C:\\Program Files\\Silverlight\\5.1.20913.0\\agcp.exe" L"agcp.exe 35 268" (nil) (nil) 1 0x00004000 (nil) (null) 0x67f368 0x67f358 - semi-stub
fixme:urlmon:Uri_GetPropertyBSTR (0x106aca8)->(6 0x67e154 4)
fixme:process:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber (0x67ebf0): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x67ebe0): stub
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e680, (nil) 0x67e678
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e9fc, (nil) 0x67e9f4
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e990, (nil) 0x67e988
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67e968, (nil) 0x67e960
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67ee40, (nil) 0x67ee38
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x67ee00, (nil) 0x67edf8
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x10015fbb, 0x1008c460, {00000000-7ac4-430a-94e4-b0dfd254650f}, 1, 0x8dbe028, (null), (null), 0x1008c468): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x75a82f5, 0x77999c0, {00000000-7ac4-430a-94e4-b0dfd254650f}, 1, 0x8dbe338, (null), (null), 0x77999c8): stub
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl returning zero-filled buffer for IOCTL_VOLUME_GET_VOLUME_DISK_EXTENTS
fixme:advapi:GetCurrentHwProfileW (0x8dbe430)
err:pulse:pulse_contextcallback Context failed: Connection refused

I think I'll try disabling the hardware acceleration as you suggest.

#58 2014-03-14 16:22:27

det
Wiki Maintainer

Why exactly doesn't either wine-compholio-bin or pipelight/wine-compholio provide wine or even a profile.d script to include the /opt path?

In addition, pipelight/wine-compholio doesn't even provide wine-silverlight, which is provided by wine-compholio-bin, which _does_ provide "wine=${pkgver}".

#59 2014-03-14 16:28:45

progandy

det wrote:

Why exactly doesn't either wine-compholio-bin or pipelight/wine-compholio provide wine or even a profile.d script to include the /opt path?

In addition, pipelight/wine-compholio doesn't even provide wine-silverlight, which is provided by wine-compholio-bin, which _does_ provide "wine=${pkgver}".

wine-silverlight installs in the same path as the original wine package. wine-compholio install in /opt side-by-side with the vanilla wine.

http://fds-team.de/cms/pipelight-instal … tion_1_2_1
We now provide prebuilt packages for Arch Linux in our own repository so that it is no longer required to build Wine on your own. The big advantage of this method is that Wine is installed to a separate location (/opt/wine-compholio) which allows you to keep your regular Wine version installed.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#60 2014-03-14 21:05:53

haagch

det wrote:

Clarification: When it was very new, I made the pipelight-git AUR package. Compiling that is small and fine, so no problem here.
The mingw compiler is provided as a binary, that would have been way too much to compile for my taste, so I derived a package for the appropriate version from some other aur package.

But then there was wine-silverlight and I'm not sure if it still does but it replaced the repositories wine and is a lot to compile so I made the wine-compholio-bin package that takes the 32 bit wine-compholio for ubuntu saucy from the PPA (which does already install in /opt) and just drop it in archlinux in /opt and it actually works (is probably missing a few multilib dependencies though).
wine-compholio-bin does provide wine-silverlight for the purpose that my pipelight-git can now depend on wine-silverlight and you're free to choose whether you want the hacky wine-compholio-bin or compile wine-silverlight. edit: If wine-compholio decides to also provide wine-silverlight, you can probably use wine-compholio there too.
But I didn't want wine-compholio-bin to provide wine, because it's actually just the 32 bit part of wine-compholio from ubuntu because I was way too lazy to figure out how to do it right. Like wine-compholio (?) it does not interfere with the repositories' wine.
I think this is a good idea because we have no idea whether the patches for silverlight break any other windows program, or do we?

Tl;dr:
I made the three AUR packages wine-compholio-bin, mingw-w32-bin and pipelight-git to use them together (there's actually a pipelight config for wine-compholio-bin included in the pipelight-git package that you can simply copy to ~/.config/pipelight) and I have no idea what any of the other packages do because I was way too lazy to look at them.

edit: If there are official binaries for wine-compholio maybe we can merge wine-compholio-bin and wine-compholio or we can request to delete wine-compholio-bin?

edit2: Oh well, it isn't in the AUR, it's in a repository, so no merging. So maybe I'll write a comment.

Last edited by haagch (2014-03-14 21:11:35)

#61 2014-03-14 22:05:45

slackner

Hi,

well, the main reason for all the differences and different versions is how everything evolved over time. ;-) At the beginning Pipelight was basically just a library, and required to create custom configs and stuff like that. In the meantime it has improved a lot, and can do most things automatically. Except in some rare cases creating custom configs is not really necessary anymore.

We (= the pipelight developers) created our own repositories for mainly the following reasons:

• We wanted to reduce the time it takes to install all the stuff, without reusing binary packages compiled for a different distros. Our build servers run a lot of different VMs (including arch32 and arch64), this way we can create packages which are definitely "arch-compatible".

• We also wanted to provide some packages, which look like what we consider the "optimal" solution. They especially work without any additional user configuration, and make everything easy even for unexperienced users. Moreover the user can continue using his regular wine version and doesn't have to fear that the upgrade breaks anything. Experienced users can still use the patched version for other applications, they just have to type /opt/wine-compholio/bin/wine or add /opt/wine-compholio to their PATH variable.

[To haagchs question: There were indeed some problems and incompatibilities with specific applications - in most cases it turned out that our new code uncovered some bugs in other parts of wine.]

To make sure the user doesn't accidentially install "pipelight" from our repo, and wonders why it doesn't work out of the box with "wine-silverlight" from AUR, we decided to call our wine package "wine-compholio", which is also the name used for all other distros. Even if it probably was "a specific version patched for Silverlight" at the beginning it is much more now. It can be seen as a staging tree for a lot of our wine improvements we've written over time, and which are not upstream yet, see here for a list of features and included bugfixes.

The packages we're providing in our repo http://repos.fds-team.de/stable/arch/ are all signed by our key, and if someone doesn't trust us:
the PKGBUILD files are also available of course ( wine-compholio, pipelight ). ;-)

Nevertheless we don't want to force users to use only our provided versions. I've summarized again below some of the differences between all the pipelight and wine AURs.
(As haagch has also pointed out some specific combinations might require to create to custom config files. I personally would recommend to use "pipelight" + "wine-silverlight".)

Sebastian

edit: It would be no problem for me to add a "provides: wine-silverlight" to "wine-compholio", or to put the PKGBUILD on AUR (as suggested by haagch) - but this all increasingly gets complicated with all the different wine versions installed to different paths. If someone of you maintainers has a good solution for this, please let me know. Maybe always install the patched version to /opt/wine-compholio and just providing an additional "wrapper" package, which creates symlinks to /usr/bin/wine*, if the user wants it ?

Last edited by slackner (2014-03-14 22:58:48)

#62 2014-03-14 23:28:52

haagch

slackner wrote:

Boring. smile

But seriously, the repository contains both wine-compholio and pipelight so this is what's recommended for "normal users" over AUR packages, right?

slackner wrote:
  • https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pipelight-git
    - always the latest git version
    - warning: seems to be a bit outdated, the user has to do all the configuration manually, and no multiplugin support. moreover unnecessary dependy on wine-browser-installer?

I think at one point wine-browser-installer was an external script but now is included/replaced with /usr/share/pipelight/install-dependency, so I can probably remove it.

The example config I made some time ago is just configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1 modified and the only difference left now is really just
gccRuntimeDlls = /opt/mingw_w32/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/

And after looking around a bit the configure script can handle everything so there really is no need anymore.
And so I updated it a bit to not use the configuration in the home directory anymore and it also spews out some basic information on what to do after the installation now.

Anyway, pretty good work all in all. Thanks!

#63 2014-03-15 00:08:14

slackner

Hi haagch,

well, for less experienced users I would always recommend to use an official release instead of the latest git branch, not only in case of Pipelight but also in general. But this is just a personal opinion and we're also glad about everyone testing new features or modifications of course. If a user wants to install everything as fast as possible, then our repo is the answer, if time doesn't matter then the AUR packages (or rebuilding our PKGBUILDs) is also an option.

Thanks for updating the PKGBUILD. I still have some additional suggestions you could probably merge in:

• The dependencies seem to be a bit too incomplete - take a look here for all the required depends, optdepends and makedepends.

• Pass --win32-static to configure, then the gcc-runtime-dll path is not required/used anymore.

• You're depending on "wine-silverlight" (which is installed in /usr by default), but Pipelight assumes /opt/wine-compholio when no special configure argument is passed. I would suggest to either convince anish (the maintainer of wine-silverlight) to change the path, or alternatively pass --wine-path=/usr/bin/wine to ./configure. wink

Sebastian

#64 2014-03-21 12:24:27

det
Wiki Maintainer

Well, this makes some more sense, then.

Just a little large package, almost 300 megabytes in addition to have on your system just to have Silverlight working.

I've myself just made pipelight/wine-compholio provide wine (by editing /var/lib/pacman/local/wine-compholio-1.7.14-1/desc), because I mainly use uTorrent, which works fine.

#65 2014-03-21 21:30:16

slackner

Just a quick update:

I've created a pull request in order to update specific things in the "pipelight" and "wine-silverlight" AUR package.
If Anish Bhatt agrees to these changes then almost all of the pipelight and wine packages can be combined with each other.

Basically my idea to solve this whole mess:

• All pipelight packages depend on the upstream-name "wine-compholio", and search for wine in /opt/wine-compholio

• "wine-silverlight" provides "wine-compholio" by adding just a couple of additional symlinks in /opt/wine-compholio (Note: No second wine version, so hopefuily noone complains! wink )

• Add an upstream "wine-compholio" AUR package which can also be used, if users want to compile the same version as in our repo.

• wine-compholio-bin could also stay there for users that want to try out the Ubuntu version, it just has to provide "wine-compholio" and conflict with "wine-compholio" to be compatible.

The best of all: It would also be possible to mix packages from our repo and from AUR without any problems.

@ haagch: If these changes are accepted it would be cool if you could update your packages, too. I'll inform you when I know some more details.

Regards,
Sebastian

#66 2014-03-26 16:14:58

haagch

Does amazon video work for anyone? Here in germany with pipelight latest git I get
uAgGhRB.png

#67 2014-03-26 16:18:10

slackner

Hi haagch,

sure, for me it works well.

You are most probably you're still using the wininet override which was default in previous Pipelight versions.
Just disable it, then try again.

You can also take a look here for more details.

Regards,
Sebastian

#68 2014-03-26 19:40:44

haagch

Mh, no, pretty sure it was set up right with upstream /usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1, and freshly created wine prefix and I did delete the amazon cookies a few times and ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/pluginreg.dat but I don't think that has an effect anymore...

After I installed wine-compholio from the pipelight repository (but still pipelight-git) the error does not occur anymore. There's probably something wrong with the thing directly taken from ubuntu.
But the amazon load thingy hangs indefinitely and it occassionally outputs

fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 16 not supported yet

to the command line.

Well, only one thing left to test: pipelight from the repository has the same, it just hangs there.

It's firefox-nightly if that makes a difference. And amazon.de, not .com. If that makes a difference.

chris@c-l ~ % LC_ALL=C MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH="$HOME/.pipelight-plugins/" firefox-nightly

(process:8449): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(firefox:8449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(firefox:8449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(firefox:8449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(firefox:8449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
Can't find symbol 'glXCreateContextAttribsARB'.
ATTENTION: option value of option force_s3tc_enable ignored.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/chris/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using wine prefix directory /home/chris/.wine-pipelight/.
[install-dependency] wine-silverlight5.1-installer is already installed in '/home/chris/.wine-pipelight/'.
[install-dependency] wine-mpg2splt-installer is already installed in '/home/chris/.wine-pipelight/'.
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x2b1f87, 0x350118, {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 1, 0x74f6c8, (null), (null), 0x350118): stub
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/i965_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/i965_dri.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64)
libGL error: dlopen /i965_dri.so failed (/i965_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x74f308,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:advapi:CreateProcessAsUserW 0x128 L"C:\\Program Files\\Silverlight\\5.1.20913.0\\agcp.exe" L"agcp.exe 8 288" (nil) (nil) 1 0x00004000 (nil) (null) 0x74f368 0x74f358 - semi-stub
fixme:urlmon:Uri_GetPropertyBSTR (0x1526f28)->(6 0x74e154 4)
fixme:process:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber (0x74ebf0): semi-stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x74ebe0): stub
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e800, (nil) 0x74e7f8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e800, (nil) 0x74e7f8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e9e0, (nil) 0x74e9d8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e9e0, (nil) 0x74e9d8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e660, (nil) 0x74e658
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e670, (nil) 0x74e668
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74edd0, (nil) 0x74edc8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e528, (nil) 0x74e520
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e148, (nil) 0x74e140
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e148, (nil) 0x74e140
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e04c, (nil) 0x74e044
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e04c, (nil) 0x74e044
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e30c, (nil) 0x74e304
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e30c, (nil) 0x74e304
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e534, (nil) 0x74e52c
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e534, (nil) 0x74e52c
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e320, (nil) 0x74e318
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e320, (nil) 0x74e318
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e390, (nil) 0x74e388
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e314, (nil) 0x74e30c
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e314, (nil) 0x74e30c
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e350, (nil) 0x74e348
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e5f8, (nil) 0x74e5f0
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e5b8, (nil) 0x74e5b0
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e568, (nil) 0x74e560
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e568, (nil) 0x74e560
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e95c, (nil) 0x74e954
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e95c, (nil) 0x74e954
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x20000030, (nil), 0, 0x3787b48): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000002, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 2
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000038, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 56
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000d, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000007, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000008, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000009, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000a, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000b, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000c, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000014, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000e, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000f, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000010, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000011, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000012, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000013, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000015, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000016, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000017, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000018, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000019, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000001a, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000001b, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000001c, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000001d, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000001e, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000001f, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000020, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000021, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000022, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000023, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000024, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000025, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000026, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000027, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000028, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000029, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000002a, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000002b, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000002c, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000002d, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000002e, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000037, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 55
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000014, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000031, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 49
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000e, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000032, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 50
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x0000000f, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000033, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 51
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000010, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000034, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 52
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000011, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000035, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 53
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000012, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000036, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 54
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x00000013, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000015, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 21
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000016, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 22
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000017, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 23
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000018, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 24
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000019, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 25
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000001a, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 26
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000001b, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 27
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000001c, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 28
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000001d, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 29
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000001e, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 30
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000001f, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 31
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000020, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 32
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000021, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 33
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000022, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 34
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000023, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 35
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000024, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 36
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000025, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 37
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000026, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 38
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000027, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 39
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000028, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 40
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x10000029, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 41
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000002a, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 42
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000002b, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 43
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000002c, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 44
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000002d, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 45
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"en-US", 1, (nil), 0x1000002e, 0x74e3ec, 80, (nil)): semi-stub
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 46
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 4
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 4
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 57
fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unknown caltype 57
fixme:wininet:query_global_option Stub for 6
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib32/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib32/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e6dc, (nil) 0x74e6d4
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e6dc, (nil) 0x74e6d4
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e158, (nil) 0x74e150
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e158, (nil) 0x74e150
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e6f0, (nil) 0x74e6e8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e760, (nil) 0x74e758
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e6e4, (nil) 0x74e6dc
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e3e0, (nil) 0x74e3d8
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 48, 0x74e3e0, (nil) 0x74e3d8

#69 2014-03-26 19:55:51

slackner

Hi haagch,

I'm also testing with amazon.de, so the streaming provider is the same for both of us.

I have not tested with firefox-nightly, but I doubt that this is related to the problem.

Based on your debug output there is probably also something wrong with your graphic card drivers (missing 32-bit libs maybe?):

libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/i965_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/i965_dri.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64)
libGL error: dlopen /i965_dri.so failed (/i965_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

You can try to start your browser with the following command (close all other windows first) to work around any gpu acceleration related issues:

PIPELIGHT_GPUACCELERATION=0 firefox

If this doesn't help: Which user-agent string do you use? I'm always using this one:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120427 Firefox/15.0a1

In combination with one of the user-agent switchers mentioned here:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pipelight/+faq/2351

Regards,
Sebastian

BTW: You can also ask / talk to us in #pipelight on IRC freenode if you want to wink

#70 2014-03-26 20:46:39

haagch

Hm...

I made a new firefox profile and now it works.

Well, I have already read it, no HD playback without HDCP.

How in the hell did anyone ever think this kind of DRM was a good idea?
I mean, come on, it's not only us users of anything that is not windows or mac os who are being intentionally excluded from all major movie streaming services by microsoft, the forums are full of people who have paid their tax to microsoft and jumped through all the hoops and still have the same problems because some proprietary software decided a tiny unrelated detail of the user's system was not how microsoft assumed it would be.

/end rant

edit: You're doing extremely good support by the way. Truly amazing.

Last edited by haagch (2014-03-26 20:47:26)

#71 2014-04-02 20:55:51

haagch

By the way: I don't think it's nice of a package to create an untracked symlink like /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libpipelight-silverlight5.1.so on every update.

#72 2014-04-02 21:39:23

progandy

haagch wrote:

By the way: I don't think it's nice of a package to create an untracked symlink like /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libpipelight-silverlight5.1.so on every update.

Since pipelight is modular, it is not really possible to track that symlink. I guess there should be a file in /etc that lists all untracked plugin files, put it in the backup-array of the PKGBUILD and a install default configuration for libpipelight-silverlight5.1.so.

Last edited by progandy (2014-04-02 21:42:28)

#73 2014-04-02 23:11:40

slackner

Hi,

@haagch: I have no influence on how Anish solves this in his AUR packages, but for our repository I've just fixed that. This line was still part of the original *.install file. Now the user has to enable all plugins manually, which is probably a better way than to expect that everyone uses Silverlight. wink

@progandy: I'm not exactly sure what you mean - do you mean that pipelight-plugin should maintain a list of untracked files which is then backed-up on the plugin removal? I'm not sure if this makes sense, especially as (1) the user would still have to delete files manually and (2) there will be no files or symlinks left on the package removal anyway. Everything remaining is removed with a pre_remove installation script. Can you explain your idea a bit more detailed? [Backing up the symlinks would obviously also make no sense, because they're broken after the pipelight deinstallation.]

Regards,
Sebastian

#74 2014-04-02 23:53:11

progandy

slackner wrote:

@progandy: I'm not exactly sure what you mean - do you mean that pipelight-plugin should maintain a list of untracked files which is then backed-up on the plugin removal? I'm not sure if this makes sense, especially as (1) the user would still have to delete files manually and (2) there will be no files or symlinks left on the package removal anyway. Everything remaining is removed with a pre_remove installation script. Can you explain your idea a bit more detailed? [Backing up the symlinks would obviously also make no sense, because they're broken after the pipelight deinstallation.]

I forgot that pipelight already implements file deletion on removal. I just remembered the --enable switch, but forgot there is a −−remove−mozilla−plugins. You won't need to track the files I guess. (The pipelight-git package I used a few weeks ago does not do it)

Maybe pipelight-plugin could create a shell-script per user to clean up symlinks. Each time a non-root user runs --enable or --disable, this script will be written anew (maybe to ~/.config/pipelight/userclean.sh)

Last edited by progandy (2014-04-02 23:56:17)

#75 2014-04-03 00:06:43

slackner

Well, that might be an idea, but I'm very sure that other people would complain about it aswell. It seems to be a common practice that configuration files and stuff stored inside of the user home-directory is never cleaned up on package deinstallation.

Just think about all the browsers (profiles are not deleted), wine (wine prefix will not be deleted), text-editors which store their configuration there, ... and so on. Moreover the only remaining things are a couple of symlinks, so not sure if its really a big issue.

Last edited by slackner (2014-04-03 00:07:37)

Board footer