You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-13 23:13:40

CharlieBra7o

System freeze after resume from suspend

I am running arch for about 5 month now and I always had freezes after resuming from suspend (to ram - systemctl suspend) every once in a while (like once a week or less). The freezes increased massively over the last month or so and for about 2 weeks now it happens 95% of the times I resume from suspend.

The monitor turns on and shows things exactly how I left them, but is completely unresponsible EXCEPT for I can switch to another TTY (Ctrl+Shift+F*), however I cannot type or do anything in it...

It doesnt have anything to do with the X server as it also happens after I suspend from TTY (without any X running).
I also checked journalctl -b -1 (shows previous boot, since I always have to hard-reset the system) but it doesnt show anything after:
Mar 13 17:16:54 Ununhaswellium systemd-sleep[3624]: Suspending system...
(the suspend event before resuming)

Are there any log files that could give a hint on what exactly goes on after the resume?

Im running the latest official 3.13.6-1 kernel and updated my BIOS to the latest beta version yesterday - didnt help either...

Ive read pretty much every thread on the internet by now about freezes after resume from suspend but none really helped neutral

Last edited by CharlieBra7o (2014-03-15 09:58:51)

#2 2014-03-17 20:56:01

juanbobo

Re: System freeze after resume from suspend

#3 2014-03-18 14:54:04

CharlieBra7o

Re: System freeze after resume from suspend

Thank you for the link, unfortunally I don't have a NVIDIA card but use the Intel IGP (HD4600, Haswell) - maybe I should have mentioned that...
And other than in this bug report I cannot kill X or anything because neither other TTYs work - I cannot input anything (although the hotkeys work weird enough) nor is SSHD running because the system is completely frozen...

Very funny thing is that for the last 2 days my system didnt freeze once (suspended about 6-7 times during one boot), even though for the 2 weeks prior to that, it froze EVERY SINGLE TIME I resumed from suspend, it didnt work once...

Board footer