You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-23 12:38:43

wingsuit

Fn Function Key Issues

My FN key is sometimes turned off after booting allowing me to use the F1-12 keys without having to press the FN key, however sometimes it is turned on and pressing F keys does all the stuff represented by the symbols ontop of the F key and to access the traditional uses I must press FN. In more sober words they sometimes randomly switch after booting. How can I control and remap these keys and stuff?

Also arch forums search is terrible

#2 2014-03-23 13:02:14

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Fn Function Key Issues

What kind of computer is this?  Is there a setting in the bios for toggling the function keys?  Is it a mac(book)?  If so, did you read the wiki articles about that?

Do you want to fix this issue of inconsistency, or do you want to remap keys "and stuff"?  If you want to remap keys, this can depend on what WM/DE you are using.  There are wiki articles on this as well.

I know that's a lot of questions, but we'll need more information to give you any suitable direction.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2014-03-23 13:45:45

wingsuit

Re: Fn Function Key Issues

It is a Toshiba Satellite, no bios settings for FN key,

I want to tinker with stuff that affects those keys, so both. Thanks, I am using XFCE so I will check it out.

Board footer