You are not logged in.

#26 2014-03-27 12:45:03

drcouzelis
Website

Re: [Solved] Openbox Window Placement not in Center

GSF1200S wrote:

Do you mean your version starts to random place the moment it cant fit the window in empty space without even partially obscuring an existing window?

Yes, that is correct, which for me usually means after I open the first window. Or, put more simply, "Gosh DARN it, Openbox, stop trying to shove windows in the corners of my monitor!"

After all the hard work people put into writing these incredible algorithms for window placement, simply picking a random location will put a new window in a location that I'm expecting more than any smart placement algorithm ever has. hmm

#27 2014-03-27 15:10:05

GSF1200S

Re: [Solved] Openbox Window Placement not in Center

drcouzelis wrote:
GSF1200S wrote:

Do you mean your version starts to random place the moment it cant fit the window in empty space without even partially obscuring an existing window?

Yes, that is correct, which for me usually means after I open the first window. Or, put more simply, "Gosh DARN it, Openbox, stop trying to shove windows in the corners of my monitor!"

After all the hard work people put into writing these incredible algorithms for window placement, simply picking a random location will put a new window in a location that I'm expecting more than any smart placement algorithm ever has. hmm

Ahh I see. To each his own tongue I actually prefer the current placement algorithm yikes I am not a huge fan of random placement, but it is certainly better than jamming every window in the upper-right corner (like Awesome does in floating mode once the screen fills up).

Board footer