You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-02 02:16:50

DaBungalow

MediaBrowser 3 PKGBUILD failing for some reason

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on my first package build so any comments you have would be greatly appreciated.  However, I am also having some trouble and I would like some help.

For some background, Media Browser 3 is a bit like Plex Media Server but not quite so far along in development and uses mono instead of Java.  They are currently in the middle of porting it from Windows to both OS X and Linux.  I am working on an Arch package and can get the package built and installed.  However, whenever I attempt to run the application, it fails and I am not totally sure why.  If I cd into /opt/mediabrowser-server/src and run "mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe", it works fine.  This makes me think that the shell script I have in the /usr/bin directory isn't going to work, but I am unsure how to solve this problem.  Any ideas?

# Maintainer: Daniel Seymour <dannyseeless@gmail.com>
pkgname=mediabrowser-server
pkgver=3.0.5188.23125
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Media server and transcoder"
arch=('x86_64')
url="http://www.mediabrowser3.com"
license=('GPL')
groups=()
depends=('mono' 'cairo' 'curl' 'giflib' 'libexif' 'libgdiplus' 'libjpeg' 'libmediainfo'
                 'libmms' 'libpng' 'libtiff' 'libx11' 'libxau' 'libxcb' 'libxdmcp'
                 'libxext' 'libxft' 'libxrender' 'libzen' 'mediainfo' 'pixman' 
                 'sqlite3' 'zlib')
makedepends=()
optdepends=()
source=("https://www.dropbox.com/s/07hh1g4x9xo28jb/MBServer.Mono.zip")
md5sums=('4dc13a111bb646068313afea9132bc90')

package() {
  cd $srcdir/
  install -d $srcdir $pkgdir/opt/$pkgname
  install -d $pkgdir/usr/bin
  cp -a $srcdir/ $pkgdir/opt/$pkgname/
  echo "sudo mono /opt/$pkgname/src/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe" >> $pkgdir/usr/bin/mediabrowser-server
  chmod +x $pkgdir/usr/bin/mediabrowser-server
}

#2 2014-04-02 10:27:01

Lone_Wolf

Re: MediaBrowser 3 PKGBUILD failing for some reason

However, whenever I attempt to run the application, it fails and I am not totally sure why.  If I cd into /opt/mediabrowser-server/src and run "mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe", it works fine.  This makes me think that the shell script I have in the /usr/bin directory isn't going to work, but I am unsure how to solve this problem.  Any ideas?

try removing the sudo part, if it really needs root rights to run you can always use 'sudo mediabrowser-server' .

It appears you are using pre-built binaries ?
if so, the package should be called mediaserver-browser-bin to make that clear.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer