You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-05 22:19:14

headkase

AHCI Wiki Page

The: AHCI Wiki Page is currently neutered.  It doesn't actually contain the instructions to configure AHCI under Arch Linux.  The revision of the page that did: contain the instructions was apparently excised by a automated bot.

Also, when I added AHCI to my mkinitcpio.conf modules and then rebuilt my initramfs when I rebooted my system spazzed and emitted quite a few system speaker beeps.  I did not see the shutdown messages because I am using an HDTV and switching modes takes a few seconds for the display to reappear.  In that time the computer had finished rebooting.  I thought that was unusual because I had previously blacklisted pcspkr.  During the post after that reboot I then enabled AHCI in my BIOS and the system subsequently booted normally.

So, if anyone has better instructions than what the bot deleted I'd be interested in hearing them and if no one else goes ahead and fixes that wiki page then I eventually will.

Last edited by headkase (2014-04-05 22:24:10)

#2 2014-04-05 22:30:25

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

Re: AHCI Wiki Page

Here is the diff of the revision you linked to the current revision. The bot didn't remove anything, it just re-formatted a deprecated template.

#3 2014-04-05 22:35:40

headkase

lahwaacz wrote:

Here is the diff of the revision you linked to the current revision. The bot didn't remove anything, it just re-formatted a deprecated template.

Well, the current page doesn't have the instructions so perhaps someone else defaced the page and removed them?  I'll fix it but I'd like some input on the pc speaker storm I had rebooting after regenerating the initramfs first.

#4 2014-04-05 23:21:35

headkase

I reverted the edit which removed the instructions to add ahci to the modules of mkinitcpio.conf.  On my system, booting with my hard drive in ahci mode dropped me to a rootfs prompt without having that module specifically included in the initramfs.

Board footer